Applications are invited for the Alexander von Humboldt-Stiftung German Chancellor Fellowship 2021.
About the Fellowship
The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation’s German Chancellor Fellowship Programme is targeted at university graduates from Brazil, the People’s Republic of China, India, the Russian Federation, South Africa and the USA who have an international outlook and initial leadership experience.
It addresses prospective decision-makers, multipliers and thought leaders from a broad range of professional fields such as politics, public administration and business as well as society and culture.
This fellowship programme is intended to give them the opportunity to spend a year in Germany exploring new solutions to the global issues of our times and widening their networks. With this programme Germany once again presents itself as a destination of choice for intercultural dialogue and as a meeting place for the international leaders of tomorrow.
During their stay in Germany, the German Chancellor Fellows pursue self-developed, research-based projects that are societally relevant and have the potential for long-term, publicly visible impact. They are supervised by hosts in Germany whom they select themselves and who have the necessary level of expertise to mentor the respective topics. Their projects enable the fellows to advance their careers by expanding their specialist knowledge, gaining new international experience and strengthening their intercultural skills in Germany in order to develop into successful international leaders.
This fellowship programme is under the patronage of the Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany and is financed by the Federal Foreign Office. The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation grants up to 60 German Chancellor Fellowships every year – up to ten of which go to prospective leaders from each of the six countries mentioned above.
Potential candidates who are interested in studying or training in Germany should apply for the programmes offered by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) or other funding organisations. Postdoctoral scientists and scholars planning an academic research project should apply for the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation’s Humboldt Research Fellowship Programme.
The German Chancellor Fellowship sponsors future decision-makers, multipliers and thought leaders – regardless of industry. We invite you to apply if you
- hold Brazilian, Chinese, Indian, Russian, South African or American citizenship
- work in a field such as politics, business, media, administration, society or culture and have demonstrable initial leadership experience
- will have completed your first academic degree (Bachelor or comparable degree) no more than twelve years ago when you start your fellowship
- want to conduct an independently developed project with a host of your choice in Germany
- have good knowledge of English and/or German
This fellowship for prospective leaders brings you to Germany for one year to implement a project idea you have developed yourself. They will help you network with international future leaders here to find new answers to the global issues of our time. They offer you
- a monthly fellowship grant of 2,170 euros, 2,470 euros or 2,770 euros – depending on your training and career level
- an intensive language course before you begin your fellowship and funding for German courses during your fellowship,
- individual support during your stay in Germany
- additional financial support, e.g. for accompanying family members, for travel expenses, for full private health insurance or for an additional German language course
- joint events where you experience professional and personal intercultural exchange with other fellows from your year group and gain insights into German culture and society,
- networking activities that enable you to collaborate in peer groups and independently organise smaller network formats with other fellows,
- a two-week study tour through Germany as well as a number of events where you can connect with other fellows and meet representatives of German businesses and institutions
- extensive alumni sponsorship, in particular to support long-term connections with your cooperation partners in Germany over the duration of your entire professional career
Applicants are chosen in a quality-oriented selection procedure based on the following criteria:
- previous career and leadership potential;
- significance of fellowship for further career development;
- potential to build bridges between country of origin and Germany;
- international outlook and future role as an international leader;
- existing knowledge to help complete the project successfully;
- persuasiveness of project plan and relevance to societal dialogue.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the fellowship through this link.
Oct 15, 2021
For more details, click the link below.