About the University
The University of Warwick is a public research university on the outskirts of Coventry between the West Midlands and Warwickshire, England. It was founded in 1965 as part of a government initiative to expand higher education.
About the Scholarship
Applications are open for ten merit-based Albukhary Scholarships for undergraduate students for 2020/21. This is a competitive scholarship based on academic merit and financial need and it has been made possible thanks to a generous donation from the Albukhary Foundation, a charity based in Malaysia with a focus on facilitating access to a world-class education.
The scholarship provides £20,000 of funding spread over three years of continuous study. The scholarship will be renewed for each year of your course providing you satisfactorily progress through to the next year of study
To be considered for this scholarship you must:
- Be a national from one of the following countries: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, British Overseas Territories, Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Dijibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, DR Congo, East Timor, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Falkland Islands, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Lesotho, Libya, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Malaysia, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montserrat, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Palestinian Territories, Pakistan, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Pitcairn Islands, Republic of Congo, Russia, Rwanda, Samoa, Sao Tome & Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Korea, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, St Helena, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent & Grenadines, Sudan, Swaziland, Syria, Taiwan ROC, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Trinidad & Tobago, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- Be in receipt of a conditional or unconditional offer of study for a full-time three-year undergraduate course in the Department of Economics, School of Engineering or Warwick Business School.
- Select the University of Warwick as firm choice through UCAS.
How to Apply?
To apply for this scholarship you must:
- Apply online through the link available here.
- Provide a supporting personal statement of no more than 500 words explaining:
- Why you are a strong candidate for the Albukhary Scholarship
- How this scholarship will help you achieve your career goals and ambitions.
15 March 2020