This award intends to recognize efforts being made by AICTE approved institutions to treat women with ‘equality and fairness’ in all spheres of their lives. By means of this initiative, all the stakeholders (especially the girl students) in AICTE approved institutions would get a unique opportunity to present a solution to the prevalent issues of gender discrimination, such as illiteracy, unemployment, economic and nutritional disparities, maternal mortality, human rights, etc. Also, if anyone has already made a successful effort towards making a mark in the society, in establishing women’s emancipation/ empowerment at large, she/ he can showcase their efforts/ contributions.
- To create awareness about issues like sanitation, hygiene, health, nutrition using traditional Indian values.
- To create awareness about issues like literacy, employment, technology, credit, marketing, innovation, skill development, natural resources and rights among women.
- For promoting and practicing ideas of gender equity.
- To work towards the well-being of the girl child, adolescents, and women and focus on their development by creating awareness on gender equality.
- To bring about empowerment of communities, hence the footprint of such activities may also encompass neighboring/ surrounding villages/areas.
- To pave way for women of the country to come forward.
AICTEs Lilavati Award-2020 intends to seek applications from the eligible teams, who have undertaken remarkable intervention for the cause and made an impact, in the form of a short video clip (not more than 4-5 minutes’ duration) that showcases their work under the following sub- themes:
- Women Health (Issues related to nutrition, maternal mortality, breast/ ovarian & cervical cancer, pregnancy issues, depression and anxiety, child care, etc.)
- Self Defence (Training/ awareness programs for safety measures, Girl child safety, domestic violence, work place harassment, confidence building programs, etc.)
- Sanitation & Hygiene (Menstrual hygiene, home & environment hygiene, etc.)
- Literacy (Basic education, digital literacy, awareness against taboos, etc.)
- Women Entrepreneurship (Financial safety, business opportunities, govt. schemes, credit, etc.)
- Legal Awareness (Women rights & duties, gender equality in society & work place)
- For AICTEs Lilavati Award-2020, entries are invited under the category Institutional/ Team Level comprises either of students/ faculty/ both from AICTE approved technical institution / Deemed to be University who had undertaken remarkable intervention in the various sub-themes and made an impact in the society.
- The team has to showcase their work undertaken in the last two years from the date of announcement of the award for the cause of women empowerment. The maximum team size will be 5 members having a minimum of 2 (two) women members.
Award and Recognition
The award in the form of prize money will be given to the 18 winning team (three under each sub-themes) as follows:
- Winner: Rs. 1,00,000/-
- First Runner-up: Rs. 75,000/-
- Second Runner-up: Rs. 50,000/-
How to Submit?
All nominations must be submitted online through this link.
Dec 31, 2020
Student Development Cell (StDC),
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE),
Nelson Mandela Road, Vasant Kunj,
Email IDs: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details, click the link below.