About the Scheme
This scheme is aimed to recognize the meritorious faculties on Teachers Day i.e. 5th September every year at National level and encourage them to update themselves to the ever-changing needs of higher education at the global level and thereby becoming an effective contributor towards the society.
The scheme is introduced for identifying the extraordinary teachers and recognize the excellence / best practices/innovativeness of such teachers in the field of technical education at the national level for Degree and Diploma institutions.
- Regular teachers/ faculties working in AICTE approved Degree level and Polytechnic institutions
- Age limit for faculties to be nominated for the award is 55 years as on the last date for application
- Maximum 1 nomination per institute per year would be considered.
The nomination will be considered on the basis of achievements of the nominee during the previous years of regular service along with a certificate.
Limit of Funding
An Award (cash prize) of Rs. 25,000/- (per teacher) along with a badge and certificate of excellence to be given to 20 teachers
The proposal shall be assessed by an Expert Committee constituted as follows:
- The expert committee consisting of three members, not below the rank of Senior Professor / Principal of Polytechnics will be constituted for each year
- The selection of meritorious teachers from AICTE approved institutions for this award duly recommended by the respective head of institutes will be carried out through a rigorous screening having the following parameters:
- 360-degree feedback.
- Publication of research work/ papers in high impact journals.
- Projects/schemes supervised as PIs funded centrally/ by state agencies.
- Involvement as resource persons in various schemes of AICTE or other organization
- No’s of Ph.D. students supervised/ under supervision.
- Responsible for commencement of number of start-ups
- Shouldering of additional responsibility in an institute (Administrative nature work).
- Numbers of Swayam / NITTT / ARPIT or any other online courses carried out in the year.
- Contributions to Community / Community Development Activities through institutes or individually (Activities/ projects/ programmes like preserving environment, preserving culture and heritage, Clean Campus, Jal Shakti Abhiyan or any other program taken up for the community development or to address social issues at local/state/ national/ international level).
- Awards and honours received from District/State/National Govt. body or any Govt. recognized body/bodies/International Body(bodies) (International Level Body can be a reputed university/ department owned by the Govt. of any other country)
- Student Development / Welfare Activities inclusive of activities for special children taken
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the scheme through this link.
August 31, 2020
For more details, click the link below.