Applications are invited for AICTE-Visvesvaraya Best Teacher Award 2021. Online applications are open on the official website.
- The scheme is introduced for identifying the extraordinary teachers and recognize the excellence / best practices / innovativeness of such teachers in field of technical education at national level for Degree and Diploma institutions.
- This scheme is aimed to recognize the meritorious faculties on Teachers Day i.e., 5 September every year at National level and encourage them to update themselves to the ever-changing needs of higher education at global level and thereby becoming an effective contributor towards the society.
- Regular teachers/ faculties working in AICTE approved Degree level and Polytechnic institutions. Applicants upper age limit for faculties to be nominated for award is as follows-
- Assistant Prof and lecturers – not beyond 40 years of age
- Associate Prof /HOD Polytechnic- not beyond 50 years of age
- Professor/Principal Polytechnic – not beyond 60 years of age as on the last date for application.
- Maximum 1 nomination per institute per year would be considered.
- Previous award winners are not eligible for the current year.
- The nomination will be considered on basis of achievements of nominee during the previous years of regular service along with a certificate.
- Nomination will be only in respect of faculty members from within AICTE approved institutes.
- Certificate by the head of the institute stating that all the facts and documents submitted are true and correct in all respects will be submitted on the institutes letter head. Application of head of the institutes must be countersigned by the Chairman of the Board. Without these certificates, the application will not be deemed as complete.
Following conditions are mandatory while submitting the application –
- All applications will be supported with original documents and countersigned by the head of the institute as verified and correct.
- Certificate by the head of the institute stating that all the facts and documents submitted are true and correct in all respects will be submitted on the institutes letter head.
- Applications of head of the institutes must be countersigned by the Chairman of the Board.
- 360-degree feedback will be countersigned by the head of the institute for all, and for head of the institutes will be countersigned by the Chairman of the Board.
- No row/column in the application is to be left blank by the applicant. Blank will be treated as Nil.
- Incomplete application will be summarily rejected and no communication in relation to such cases will be entertained.
- Any information/input found at any stage to be false will invite penal action and cancellation of the Award.
- Certificate worded as follows to be signed in the end by the applicant while submitting the application
- Attachment mandatorily submit on institute letter head will be countersigned by the head of the institute for all, and for head of the institutes will be countersigned by the Chairman of the Board with below statement: -“I do hereby declare that no legal/ financial/ criminal case is pending against me before any court/investigating agencies. I, further inform that I have never been found guilty/ convicted of any legal /financial/criminal offense and/or crime in the past.”
The selection of meritorious teachers from AICTE approved institutions for this award duly recommended by the respective head of institutes will be carried out through a rigorous screening having the following parameters:
- Teaching Effectiveness
a) Courses taught (Theory/Tutorial/Lab)
b) 360 Degree feedback – mandatory
c) Duration of courses taught/at level
d) New courses developed/Content created
e) Innovations in pedagogy/assessment/teaching methodology
f) Mentoring activity
g) Laboratory infrastructure development/Learning Projects
h) Classroom Performance
- Academic Research
a) Numbers of Masters/PhD dissertations guided
b) Fellow/ Sr. Member/Member of Professional Bodies
c) Numbers of publications/Single author/Group member
d) Citation Index/Google scholar
e) Books/Chapters/Monographs/Project reports/laboratory manuals Prepared.
f) Editor/ Member Editorial Board of Journals
- Sponsored Research / FDPs/ Consultancy
a) Consultancy/Projects/Industrial R&D (Completed/Under progress)
b) FDPs/Seminars/Conferences/Refresher Courses (Organized/Attended)
c) Consultancy funding (Routine testing not to be included)
d) Research funding/International or National Projects/Programs
e) Patents/IPR/Transfer of Technology/Product Innovation
- Academic/Institution Leadership/Management
a) Director/Principal/Head/Dean/Warden/Program coordinators or any other
administrative duty handled/completed/assigned
b) Co-curricular activity/Sports/Gymkhana/NSS/NCC activities
c) Contribution to NBA/NAAC accreditation/Internal Committees
d) Community Outreach/Hackathon/Technical Clubs/Any other
- Outreach Activities
a) In-Charge Incubation Center/Institute Industry Cell/Start up Cell etc.
b) Contribution to rural development/Extension Services/Village industry
c) Recognition. Awards / Prizes
d) Contribution to Govt of India Committees/initiatives
Those who qualified on the basis of above 5 parameters will be going to submit a self-introduction video clip /PPT mandatorily covering below points and submit the same on the portal.
An Award (cash prize) of Rs. 25,000/- (per teacher) along with a medal and certificate of excellence to be given to 20 teachers.
You may also be interested in: