About the Institute
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) was set up in November 1945 as a national-level Apex Advisory Body to conduct a survey on the facilities available for technical education and to promote development in the country in a coordinated and integrated manner.
About the Award
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India is organizing an “AICTE-Vishwakarma Awards-2020” for the students and institutes of AICTE approved institutions to encourage and motivate young students and institutions to raise their performance in their specific domains leading to significant contribution towards the growth and development of the nation as a whole.
The award will be evaluated on the basis of the following major considerations: –
- Awareness program Conducted for the nearby locality to make people aware of COVID19 and its consequences.
- Counseling / Tele Support Provided to their students, stakeholders, and also for the people of the nearby locality.
- Material/Product manufactured/Developed (e.g. Mask, sanitizer, ventilator, etc.) by the institute to fight against COVID-19.
- Materials/Product distributed by the institution (e.g. Mask, sanitizer, soaps, food, clothes, medicine, study material, etc.) to the nearby locality or to the needy people.
- Maintenance of Public Assets – Renovation and restoration of infrastructure, equipment, and facilities in government hospitals/ public health centers and other institution of public utilities.
- How innovatively you have conducted classes for students of your institution during the lockdown period.
- Steps taken, to provide online Teaching Learning Programme to nearby College/ School Students.
- Institutional Infrastructure/facility provided to authorities to combat COVID-19 in terms of shelter homes, isolation wards, healthcare facilities, etc.
- Details of other support provided (visits to create awareness, services rendered, assistance extended to migrants, etc.)
- Financial Contribution provided by your institution/ faculty members/ students towards the relief fund (Central /State).
- Helped authorities in implementing their projects/ schemes/ initiatives against the spread and prevention of COVID-19.
- Any other significant contribution in the relevant domain having a measurable outcome/ impact created in the society.
- Post COVID-19 redevelopment/ rehabilitation plan.
- All AICTE approved institutions / Universities are eligible to apply.
- Major achievements/activities/initiatives of the Institute/ University towards contribution against fighting of COVID-19 will only be considered.
- Portal for inviting applications will be available on AICTE website from 10th July 2020.
- Institute can submit online application latest by 10th July, 2020.
Interested candidates can submit their entries through this page.
- Every institution shall be allowed to send only 1 (One) nomination. Once submitted, no changes in the application/ data/ options shall be entertained.
- Institution/ University shall be required to render details of the contribution or steps taken towards the prevention of the spread of COVID-19.
- Each applicant needs to follow the word limit as mentioned in each column of application, else your application will not be considered.
- A self- declaration form shall be submitted by the Head of the Institution stating that the information given by the institution in their application is true and factual.
- The Council shall shortlist the applications based on certain criteria (to be decided by the committee as nominated by Council).
- The State-wise activities shall be coordinated by the concerned AICTE Regional Officer either through themselves or through the nominated State Co-ordinator.
- The Council shall nominate an expert committee to visit the shortlisted institute to verify the claims of the institute. The institute shall produce all suitable documentation to showcase the work done and impact created.
- The reports and outcome of the visits shall be evaluated by the jury of experts and the results will be charted based on the merits of the case.
- AICTE shall decide to confer/ restrict/ enhance the awards/ category as per the decision of the competent authority. Hence there shall be no claims to the contrary.
- A Jury for the different stages shall be constituted by the Council from time to time.
- The members in the jury shall consist of eminent educationists, researchers, social workers, representatives of planning bodies, policy formulators and such other persons of repute/ recognition.
The Council will recognize and honour the winners of the awards of various categories in an event likely to be held at AICTE headquarters, New Delhi.
Phone number: 011-26131576/78/80
The official link to the contribution of the award is given below.