Applications are invited for AICTE Saksham Scholarship 2021 for Specially-abled Students. The last date of application is 30 November 2021.
Saksham is a MHRD Scheme being implemented by AICTE aimed at providing encouragement and support to specially-abled children to pursue technical education. This is an attempt to give every young student, who is otherwise specially-abled, the opportunity to study further and prepare for a successful future through technical education/ knowledge.
- The candidate should be admitted to First year of Degree level course OR Second year of Degree/ Diploma level course through lateral entry in any of the AICTE approved Institution of respective year.
- Specially-abled student, having disability of not less than 40%.
- Family income from all sources should not be more than Rs. 8 lakh per annum during the current financial year. A valid income certificate issued by State /UT Government need to be enclosed.
Number of Scholarships
All eligible specially-abled student admitted to First year of Degree level course OR Second year of Degree level course through lateral entry in any of the AICTE approved Institution will get the scholarship.
- The candidate fulfilling the eligibility conditions is required to apply online on National Scholarship Portal (NSP) after initiation of application process and notice to be published on AICTE website.
- The host institution where the candidate is studying, required to verify the online application.
- Department of Technical Education (DTE) of respective State/ UT will verify these applications as second level of scrutiny.
- Rs. 50,000/- per annum for every year of study i.e. maximum 4 years for first year admitted students and maximum 3 years for second year admitted students through lateral entry as lump sum amount towards payment of college fee, purchase of computer, stationeries, books, equipments, softwares etc. No other additional grant will be payable in lieu of hostel charges and medical charges etc.
- No documentary proof need to be attached for the above while availing benefits.
Click here to view the official notification of AICTE Saksham Scholarship 2021 for Specially-abled Students.
You may also be interested in:
- Central Sector Scholarship Scheme (CSSS) 2021 for College and University Students by Ministry of Education [82,000 Positions]: Apply by Nov 30
- Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2022-23 [Fully Funded]: Apply by Oct 13