Pragati is a MHRD Scheme being implemented by AICTE aimed at providing assistance for Advancement of Girls pursuing Technical Education. This is an attempt to give young Women the opportunity to further her education and prepare for a successful future by “Empowering Women through Technical Education”.
- Total Number of Scholarship-4000 per Annum ( 2000 for Degree and 2000 for Diploma)
- The candidate should be admitted to 1st year of Degree/Diploma course in any of the AICTE approved Institution of respective year through Centralized Admission process of the State/Central Government.
- The Scholarships for Degree and Diploma are transferable in event of nonavailability of eligible applicant in any of the Degree/Diploma level Programme.
- Two Girls Child per family are eligible, who’s family income is not more than Rs. 8 lakh per annum during the preceding financial year (in case of married girl, the income of parents/in-laws, whichever is higher will be considered).
- The selection of candidate will be made on merit on the basis of qualifying examination to peruse the respective Technical Degree/Diploma course from any of the AICTE approved institution.
- Amount of scholarship: Tuition Fee of Rs. 30,000/- or at actual, whichever is less and Rs.2000/- per month for 10 months as incidentals charges each year. In case of Tuition fee waiver/reimbursement, Students are eligible to get an amount of Rs. 30,000/- for the purchase of Books/Equipment/Software/Laptop/Desktop/Vehicle/Fee paid towards competitive examination applications forms/exam.
- Reservation-15% for SC, 7.5% for ST and 27% for OBC candidate/applicants
How to apply
Apply online at this page.
The last date to apply is October 10, 2018.
For official website, click here.