AICTE PG (GATE/GPAT) Scholarship 2019-20 [Rs. 12,400/Month]: Apply by Sep 30
AICTE in order to ensure development of technical education in India awards Post
Graduate Scholarship of Rs. 12,400/- per month through its Post Graduate Scholarship Scheme to full time GATE/GPAT qualified students admitted to Master of Engineering, Master of Technology, Master of Architecture and Master of Pharmacy courses in AICTE approved Institutions and AICTE approved University Departments.
Post Graduate Scholarship is entitled to those students who are admitted in the AICTE approved Institutions/Course with a valid GATE/GPAT score at the time of admission.
Terms and Conditions
- The grant of Post Graduate Scholarship is subject to the condition that the student does not receive any financial assistance in shape of scholarship from any other source during his/her course of study in the Institute.
- The Scholarship is tenable for 24 months or for the duration of the course i.e. from the date of commencement of classes till the date of completion of the classes whichever is lower and is not extendable under any circumstances.
- It will be obligatory for every post-graduate student to undertake 8 to 10 hours (per week) of work related to teaching and research activities as assigned to him / her by the Institute. This could include tutorials, laboratory classes, development and maintenance of laboratories, assistance in research and development activities undertaken by faculty members, maintenance and operation of Computers and other central facilities, assistance in library, etc.
- The Scholarship will be granted to the student on a monthly basis subject to the satisfactory academic performance and adherence to University/Institute norms/rules and regulations as applicable time to time, certified by the Head of the Institute and obligatory work.
- The student shall be required to give an undertaking to the effect that he / she would
not leave the course midway.
- The Scholarship may be discontinued at any time for any kind of misconduct by the
student, like involving in the act of ragging, misbehavior etc.
- Foreign students, sponsored candidates and candidates admitted in PG Programmes are not eligible for the Scholarship.
- Salary grant or any other grant e.g. Contingencies, Library, Books etc, will not be admissible to any of the Institute/College/ University implementing this scheme in compliance with the instructions of Govt. of India, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Deptt. of Higher Education, Technical Section – I conveyed vide letter No. F. No. 9-2/2007-TS.I dated 22nd July, 2008.
- The mode and procedure of payment of Scholarship to the students shall be governed by the policy decision of the AICTE as may be notified from time to time on its web-portal or through advertisement in leading English/Hindi newspapers.
- The AICTE may impose any other conditions as deemed necessary from time to time and the decision of the AICTE shall be final and binding upon the recipients i.e. niversity/Institute/College who are under the ambit of the AICTE for receipt of PG Scholarship.
How to apply for AICTE PG Scholarship 2019-20
- All the Institutes shall up-load the eligible PG Student’s details on the AICTE portal on or before 31st August and distribute student’s Unique ID generated by the system to all the PG students admitted in AICTE approved programmes/ Institutions during 2017-18.
- All the Post Graduate Students having valid GATE/GPAT score and admitted in AICTE approved programmes/Institutions shall collect the Unique ID from the institute and log in to the AICTE Web portal at www.aicte-india.org for uploading the following documents in JPEG/PDF format only.
- Scanned copy of GATE/GPAT scorecard.
- Scanned copy of the first page of Bank Passbook having the details of the beneficiary, Name of the Bank and Branch and IFS Code. (Note: Joint Account is not permitted, a bank account has to be Aadhaar seeded with Aadhaar Card details. Bank account should not either be closed or transferred during the period of course.
- Scanned copy of the valid Category Certificate for SC/ST, OBC & Non-Creamy Layer (NCL-latest issued by the Competent Authority for OBC candidates only).
- The Institute shall then verify the student data and approve his/her candidature on the portal. (Students verification) and approve for eligibility of disbursement of the scholarship. (Scholarship disbursement approval).
Institutions should complete the procedure of student data verification on or before September 30, 2019.
For any queries please contact at the following helpline numbers (10 AM to 5 PM) 011-26131576-78,80
Please send your Grievances/Queries regarding GATE/GPAT Scholarship at email@example.com.
For details, visit the official website link given here.
About the Author
Loved my student life, love talking to students now. I am a wearer of multiple hats (wife, mom, cook, chauffeur). My job is my hobby! :)