Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the AICTE LITE Teaching Fellowship 2022.
About AICTE LITE Teaching Fellowship
AICTE LITE Teaching Fellowship is a national fellowship for experienced software engineers who love teaching and are interested in contributing time for bringing the academic curriculum in engineering colleges at par with industry standards.
This fellowship program is created jointly by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and its partner Pupilfirst with donor funding from ACT Grants to catalyse the structural changes required to solve low-quality learning outcomes at Indian engineering colleges.
Who should apply?
- They are looking for someone who is passionate about teaching and interacting with students.
- You will join a team of coaches and be responsible for the content of the courses that AICTE approves for deployment to students.
- The course implementation happens entirely online.
At least three years of experience in the field of full-stack web development using Ruby on Rails, Django, or Typescript (React).
- Prior experience in teaching technical skills, such as conducting workshops, giving seminars, personal coaching, writing instructional articles, etc. are desirable.
- Good English writing and speaking skills – you will be responsible for the education of remote students, so communication skills are critical.
- Access to a good internet connection.
As an industry coach for a nationally approved engineering curriculum, you play an instrumental role in the online course implementation, evaluation and providing feedback for iterative course development processes.
- Taking charge of the content of the web development courses that have been developed so far. This means upgrading existing course content to meet student demands and authoring new content to match industry standards.
- Assist in selecting Teaching Assistants (TAs) from students who have already completed the course. These TAs will help you in course implementation processes.
- With the assistance of teaching assistants (TAs), ensure that students going through a course meet the expected course outcomes. This would include answering their questions in the community (forums), reviewing student submissions and giving feedback, etc. on a regular basis.
- Mentor TAs to enable them to perform at their best in their duties.
- Provide technical inputs for improvement of the teaching and learning process.
- Bring in industry experts for AMA sessions during the course, evaluations of students projects and network with industry to showcase potential internship opportunities.
- Assist in identifying more coaches when the need arises.
- Conduct train-the-trainer sessions when required for specific courses.
Remote. The course implementation happens entirely online.
3000 USD per month.
You would be awarded a National Teaching Fellowship Certificate jointly by the All India Council for Technical Education and Pupilfirst.org.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the fellowship through this link.
- LITE Industry Call issued by ACT: February 07, 2022
- Last Date to Apply for Fellowships: March 07, 2022
- Shortlisted Fellowship Candidates Announced: March 14, 2022
- LITE Industry Fellows Announced: March 21, 2022
If you have any questions, email us at email@example.com with CC to Neetha Joy at ACT Grants at firstname.lastname@example.org.