Online applications are invited from Post Graduate students in Engineering/ Technology for admission to a full-time Ph.D. program under the AICTE Doctoral Fellowship scheme for 2020-21 at the Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering & Technology, Punjab.
Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering & Technology (SLIET), Longowal proudly announces that the Institute has been selected as one of the Centre for the prestigious AICTE Doctoral Fellowship (ADF).
Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology is a deemed university under Section 3 of the UGC Act 1956 for higher education and research in India. It was established by the government of India in 1989.
The number of available fellowships are 08 [Mechanical Engineering- 02, Food Engg. & Tech.- 02, Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering- 02 & Chemical Technology- 02].
The detailed criteria for the award of fellowship are as follows:
- The fellowship/ HRA/ contingency will be granted to research scholars admitted to the Technical Universities in the identified thrust areas of the ADF scheme.
- The candidate must have secured a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 7.5 on the scale of I0 (or minimum 75% marks) or equivalent at both Bachelors and Masters.
- In addition to the above, the candidate should have qualified GATE/ GPAT/ NET during the last 5 years. For SC/ ST/ PH candidates, the CGPA requirement will be 7.0 on the scale of 10 (or 70 % marks) or equivalent.
- The candidate should be less than 30 years of age as on date of admission at respective Technical University.
- However, age relaxation of 5 years would be applicable to candidates belonging to SC/ ST, women,, and physically challenged categories in succession.
The Fellowship will be Rs. 31,000/- pm for the first two years followed by Rs 35,000/- pm for the third year. HRA will be provided at the rate of 8%, 16%, and 24% as per the Government of India (GoI) norms as applicable in the city location where the Research Fellow is pursuing their research and are not provided any hostel accommodation in the institute
In addition, the Contingency grant will be admissible to the Scholars at the rate of Rs.15,000/- per annum to meet the miscellaneous expenditures.
How to Apply?
The candidates need to pay an application fee (online) of Rs. 2065/-in respect of General/ OBC category, Rs. 1475/- for Females candidates and Rs. 1180/-in respect for reserved category candidates (SC/ ST/ PH).
The online applications will begin on September 15, 2020. To apply online, click here.
The last date to apply is September 30, 2020.
Email ID: Deanacad@sliet.ac.in
For full notification, click the link below.