The University invites online applications for the AICTE Doctoral Fellowship 2020-21 for its in-house departments.
The Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal, formerly known as West Bengal University of Technology, is a public state university located beside National Highway at Haringhata, Nadia, West Bengal, India.
Number of Fellowships
10 (Open-3, SC-2, ST-1, OBC-3, EWS-1) as per Govt. of India norms
The candidate must have secured minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 7.5 on the scale of 10 (or minimum 75% marks) or equivalent at both Bachelors and Masters. In addition to the above, the candidate should have qualified GATE or NET during the last 5 years. For SC/ ST/ PH candidates, CGPA requirement will be 7.0 on the scale of 10 (or 70% marks) or equivalent
The candidate should be less than 30 years of age as on date of admission in respective technical university. However, age relaxation of 5 years would be applicable to candidates belonging to SC/ ST, women and physically challenged category in succession.
Duration of Fellowship
3 years and further one-year extension (In two slots of 6 months’ each) may be given by AICTE on the recommendation of the University based upon the performance of the scholar in the research work.
The fellowship will be Rs. 31,000/- pm for the first two years followed by Rs. 35,000/- pm for the third year. Contingency Grant will be admissible to the scholars at the rate of Rs.15, 000/- per annum to meet the miscellaneous expenditures.
How to Apply?
- Interested applicants can apply for the fellowship through this link.
- The fellow shall not undertake any paid assignment during the tenure of the fellowship. The fellow will be a full time PhD scholar.
- The interested candidates this year can apply in the in-house Departments of Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Computer Science & Engineering, Information Technology and Microelectronics & VLSI under the ADF Research Centre, MAKAUT, WB
- The selection will be based on an interview.
- The candidates who already applied in response to an earlier ADF 2020-21 advertisement need not apply again. Their applications will be considered.
Jan 8, 2021
For more details, click the link below.