In view of the COVID-19 Pandemic, Microsoft now invites proposals from ambitious organizations and individuals for its Mobilizing AI for Health to fight against COVID-19 Grants Program 2020.
On January 29, 2020, Microsoft announced the launch of AI for Health, an initiative to advance the health of people and communities around the world. This five-year commitment was created to empower nonprofits, researchers, and organizations with AI and data science tools.
Given the urgency, they are mobilizing the AI for Health initiative to focus on helping those on the front lines of research of COVID-19. They are focusing our efforts in five specific areas where we think data, analysis, and the skills of our data scientists can have the biggest impact. And are immediately dedicating $20 million to this specific effort.
Our efforts to support COVID-19-related research efforts will focus on five areas:
- Data and insights to inform people’s safety and economic impacts.
- Treatment and diagnostics, enabling research to further the development of vaccines, diagnostics, and therapeutics
- Allocation of resources, including recommendations on the allocation of limited assets, such as hospital space and medical supplies
- Dissemination of accurate information to minimize misinformation sharing
- Scientific research to study and understand COVID-19.
Proposals will be accepted from non-profits, researchers, and organizations tackling some of the toughest challenges in global health.
Proposals will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Potential benefits and clearly defined impact on the COVID-19 response
- Feasibility of the technical approach
- Need for Azure Computing and/or AI to solve the problem
- Knowledge and experience managing Azure within your organization
- Estimated computing resource requirements
Call for Proposals
To apply for the grants, click here. To apply for a grant, you must prepare a description, no longer than three pages. The last date to submit your proposals is June 15, 2020.
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in Beyond COVID-19: Global Open Innovation Challenge by Prepr Network [Win Exciting Cash Prizes+Mentorship]: Apply by June 10.