Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship Program for PG & PhD: Apply by Mar 20
The Aga Khan Foundation provides a limited number of scholarships each year for postgraduate studies to outstanding students from select developing countries who have no other means of financing their studies, in order to develop effective scholars and leaders and to prepare them for employment, primarily within the AKDN. Scholarships are awarded on a 50% grant : 50% loan basis through a competitive application process once a year in June or July.
The Foundation gives priority to requests for Master’s level courses but is willing to consider applications for PhD programs, only in the case of outstanding students who are highly recommended for doctoral studies by their professors and who need a PhD for the fulfillment of their career objectives (academic or research oriented).
- The Foundation accepts applications from nationals of the following countries: Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Syria, Egypt, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Madagascar and Mozambique.
- The Foundation only accepts applications of eligible nationals listed above who are residing in one of the countries.
- Preference is given to students under 30 years of age.
The main criteria for selecting award winners are:
- consistently excellent academic records,
- genuine financial need,
- admission to a highly reputable university or program of study and
- relevance of the field of study to AKDN’s focus areas.
Candidates are also evaluated on demonstrating thoughtful and coherent educational and career plans, their extra-curricular interests and achievements, potential to achieve their goals and likelihood to succeed in a foreign academic environment.
The application procedures of AKF’s International Scholarship Program are decentralised. Students may obtain application forms as of 1st January each year from AKF offices or Aga Khan Education Services / Boards in their countries of current residence.
Application Deadline (India): March 20
For any queries, contact here.
For any further information about the program, visit the page here.
About the Author