If you’re an international student from an African nation and are self-funding your postgraduate studies, you could be eligible for a scholarship of £4,000, paid as a discount on your tuition fee. If you are from any of the following countries, please check the academic requirements below to see if you could be eligible.
You will also be considered for this award if you are a national of an African nation and you have a degree:
- from a recognised UK university, other than Essex, with a 2:1 or above, or
- from a recognised university with a 2:1 or above (or equivalent as defined by our Postgraduate Admissions selection criteria) from any of the following countries: Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Mexico, Nepal, Norway, Pakistan, Russia, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, USA and Vietnam.
- be classified as an international student for fee purposes
- be a national of an African nation (defined as a member state of the African Union)
- be entirely self-funding your studies
- be a graduate of any African country, or any of the countries specified in the Terms and Conditions below
- for 2020-21 entry: be applying for a full-time taught Masters course starting in 2020-21 (excluding MBA)
- meet the academic criteria in the table above.
For 2020-21 entry: If you meet all the eligibility criteria and firmly accept the offer of your place by 18 September 2020 then you will automatically be awarded this scholarship. You’ll be notified of your award when your place at Essex is confirmed or by end of October 2020.
University will assess your eligibility based on the information that you submit with your application for your place at Essex. If you meet all the eligibility criteria, you will automatically be awarded this scholarship. You don’t need to complete an application form.