The School of Life Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) is organizing the Annual Summer School on Advances in Biological Sciences under the outreach program of the UGC Networking Resource Centre from May 29 to July 7, 2017.
Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) is a public central university in New Delhi. In 2012 The National Assessment and Accreditation Council gave the university a grade of 3.91 out of 4, highest grade by NAAC awarded to any educational institution in the country.
It is one of the top universities in the country, ranking 2nd according to the National Institutional Ranking Framework. It is known for leading faculties and research emphasis on liberal arts and applied sciences.
About the Summer School
This is an annual summer school being held at JNU on the subject of Advancement in Biological Sciences. The summer School would include talks from experts in the field of modern biological sciences and hands-on experiments.
Each participant will be assigned a mentor in the School of Life Sciences for pursuing research training. The objective of this program is to motivate and stimulate young and creative minds to pursue a career in Science.
Who Can Apply
Applications are invited from students pursuing graduate/ post-graduate studies in any branch of Science or Technology (M.Sc. M.Tech, M.B.B.S, M.D) and early carrier teachers from Colleges and Universities for participation in this Summer School.
How To Apply
Application forwarded by the respective Head of the Department along with the curriculum-vitae and one page write-up on what interests you in science must be sent through email to email@example.com latest by May 7, 2017.
- Selection will be done on the basis of merit.
- Due preference will be given to the candidates from backward regions ensuring uniform representations from various regions of the country.
- Once selected, it is mandatory to attend the programme for the entire duration.
- Travel grants: Selected candidates (only students) joining from outside Delhi will be provided with non-AC sleeper class train fare.
- Accommodation: On campus accommodation may be provided subject to the availability.
- Only the selected candidates will be informed via e-mail/JNU website by 15th May 2017.
For further details regarding the program click here.