IIM Visakhapatnam is organizing one-week in-service training (IST) programme for Women Officers of All India Services from Feb 28-March 4, 2022.
About IIM Visakhapatnam
The Indian Institute of Management Visakhapatnam is a public business school and Institute of National Importance located in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India. It is one of the twenty Indian Institutes of Management.
Context & Course Overview
Women form a critical part of the 21st-century workforce, across all levels of seniority. New India envisages a momentous role for women officers in leadership roles, more so in the government services, to ensure that the needs of women stakeholders, as well as social and gender diversity aspects, are adequately addressed.
This Advanced Leadership Program contributes to the capacity-building of the women administrators, so that, despite their low numerical strength, they feel adequately equipped, enabled, encouraged and empowered to champion and catalyse change for a more equitable and inclusive society.
The customised five-day training programme is designed to provide (i) actionable insights into opportunities for women leadership; (ii) strategies for enhanced effectiveness across organisational and functional levels; and (iii) pathways for women administrators to craft egalitarian work practices.
- Leadership & participatory management
- Negotiation and conflict resolution
- Communication skills, with focus on digital and new media
- Championing and guiding change
- Managing crises
- Managing stress and time
- Nurturing diversity & inclusiveness
- Career management
Content & Relevance
- This programme captures the unique context of work of government servants and brings to the table, best practices in leadership for women administrators.
- The programme content is curated to the specific needs of Indian bureaucracy. The programme will extensively use case studies on the functions and operations of government departments and entities.
- As a result, participants will be able to readily relate the learnings and the insights to their professional challenges and opportunities, and practise skills implementable in their respective workplaces.
- AIS Officers (IAS, IPS & IFoS)
- Officers working under the Central Staffing Scheme in the Government of India. With minimum of 4 years of Service upto the rank of Secretary to the Govt. of India and Chief Secretary in the State Govt. and equivalent.
- Central Secretariat Service (CSS) and Central Secretariat Stenographer Service (CSSS) Officers of the level DS/ Sr. PPS and above.
How to Register?
Interested applicants can register for the programme through this link.
For more details, contact: Executive Education Office, IIM Visakhapatnam: email@example.com; +91-70365 03317.