Advanced Course on Design & Management of Ash Dykes at NIT Rourkela [Nov 4-6]: Register by Oct 24
Coal remains a dominant fuel for the generation of power in India and it is projected to remain as such beyond 2040. About more than 200 million tons of coal ash are produced annually and despite its various uses, there about 40% remains to be utilized. Coal ash management poses a serious problem in our country. The remaining ash is deposited in the vicinity of the power plants as waste material covering several hectares of valuable land. This poses challenges for evolving eco-friendly techniques for safe disposal of unutilized flash.
Keeping this objective in mind, the present course on Design and Management of Ash Dykes is undertaken. The uniqueness of this course is that, in addition to classroom lectures, the emphasis is given to the discussion of design, management, and maintenance (during operation) with reference to various case studies.
- Various ash disposal methods, its feasibility – Dry disposal; Wet disposal (lean slurry and HCSD); site selection for ash disposal facility, embankment material selection.
- Introduction to the basic idea about ash dyke material (soil and coal ash), Geotechnical investigations.
- Wet-disposal system: Design considerations of Starter dam, Ash Dyke raising (up-stream, center-line and Downstream method),
- Dyke Inspection
- Slope Stability with consideration to ash embankment, Numerical examples and use of the software.
- Retrofitting/strengthening of failed ash dikes, Buttressing and Peripheral dike raising for capacity enhancement – case studies.
- Field quality control guidelines, Field instrumentation, performance monitoring, and evaluation.
Who can Attend?
All practicing engineers working in private, public, government organizations/industries are eligible to participate. Preference will be given to engineers working in thermal power industries.
Interested candidates can register online by clicking here. The last date to register is October 24, 2019.
Phone Number: 0661-2462316
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details, click here.
About the Author
When I die, bury me with all my tatts on. When I die, bury me without the lights on.