The Centre for Advanced Study Sofia (CAS Sofia) has announced a Call for Applications for its 2019/2020 In-Residence Advanced Academia Fellowships for fundamental research in the fields of the humanities and the social sciences.
CAS Sofia is an independent Institute with international and multidisciplinary profile. Located in Sofia, Bulgaria, it promotes high-level scholarship in the social sciences and the humanities. In addition to supporting focus-group research, CAS Sofia invites outstanding scholars to pursue their individual research projects during in-residence periods of up to five months.
Duration and Conditions:
- 1 March 2019 – 31 July 2019 (Summer semester)
- 1 October 2019 – 28 February 2020 (Winter semester)
- A monthly stipend of 700 euro (INR 55,700) (liable to 10% income tax) to cover living expenses related to the stay in Sofia.
- Accommodation in Sofia, comprising living quarters and working space. The Fellows will also have free access to the CAS library and electronic resources/databases.
- Travel allowance (up to 400 euro = INR 31,800);
- Research expenses (up to 500 Euro = INR 39,800).
- Be non-Bulgarian citizens;
- Have completed a PhD in the fields of the humanities and the social sciences;
- International research experience (participation in projects and refereed conferences) and publications in peer-reviewed academic editions are strong advantages.
- High quality of the candidate’s academic portfolio and publications, participation in international research;
- Innovative fundamental research proposal with significant contribution;
- Interdisciplinary and/or comparative approaches are an advantage.
- Click here to download the application form.
- Applicants can submit their application via email at email@example.com with a subject entry “Advanced Academia Fellowships.
- Deadline : May 31
- Mr. Dimiter Dimov, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Centre for Advanced Study Sofia; Sofia 1000, 7-B, Stefan Karadja Str,
- Tel.: + 359 2 9803704 / fax: + 359 2 9803662