About the Boot camp:
Lawctopus & The PACT are conducting a two day (14 Hours) online boot camp on Negotiation, Mediation & Conciliation.
The boot camp will be held on December 12 & 13 from morning 10:00 AM to evening 5:00 PM.
This will be a one stop experience for you to develop a complete understanding of the three primary consensual dispute resolution mechanisms, i.e Negotiation, Mediation & Conciliation.
This boot camp will be a combination of theory & practice simulations that will be customized as per the needs of the trainees.
Why learn about Negotiation, Mediation & Conciliation?
Do you consider yourself a good problem solver?
Do you think that helping resolve conflicts is an important soft skill?
Does your job involve negotiating with colleagues & clients & provide them with solutions for their conflicts?
In Post-COVID era, negotiation & conciliation are predicted to be one of the most sought after skills in employees due to the solution oriented attitude that these skills bring with them.
This leaves no doubt that upskilling in these processes will help us serve our clients better & create more value.
What will you learn at the boot camp?
- Exploring different approaches towards conflict management
- Discovering the key elements that differentiate interest-based negotiation from position-based bargaining
- Learn how to be an empathic negotiator by working with verbal, non-verbal cues
- Conversation skills that distinguish a dialogue from an argument
- Negotiation 101 – Keys to successful negotiation / Preparing a negotiation plan
- Mediation 101 – Process of mediation, role of a mediator & positives of mediation
- Acquaint yourself with the legal framework with regards to mediation and conciliation in India
- How to tactfully tackle difficult negotiations / how to use the resources of a mediator during an impasse
- Engaging conciliator to facilitate settlement by pushing BATNA / WATNA
Check out the full program structure here.
About The PACT and the Instructors:
The ‘Peacekeeping and Conflict Resolution Team’ is one of the leading firms working towards promotion of consensual dispute resolution in India.
The PACT has coached over 3000 lawyers and worked with 40+ institutions to provide ADR training.
Some of the institutes where PACT has hosted its boot camps are National Law University (Jodhpur), NALSAR (Hyderabad), ILS (Pune), NMIMS School of Law (Mumbai) & Jindal Global Law School (Sonipat).
Mr. Nisshant Laroia is a Mediator, Advocate and Partner at The PACT. He is a graduate of Gujarat National Law University.
Nisshant Laroia has trained and coached near 4000 trainees in the field of Mediation, Negotiation, and Conciliation across various law and management universities. He has been an editor of the ADR World magazine.
Ms. Deepshi currently works with the Marketing and Practice Development Team at Nishith Desai Associates (NDA).
She graduated from the Gujarat National Law University with a gold medal in Alternative Dispute Resolution and followed it with an MSc. in Media and Communications at The London School of Economics and Political Sciences.
She holds experience in imparting communications training to students and professionals and has worked in brand management, celebrity talent management, and marketing communications in London.
Online | Zoom meetings, with appropriate safeguards in place.
12th December (Saturday) 2020: 10 AM to 5 PM
13th December (Sunday) 2020: 10 AM to 5 PM
Rs. 2500 (Rupees Two Thousand Five Hundred Only)
Only 25 learners (Strictly on first come first serve basis)
Email – courses(at)lawctopus.com
Phone – +91 8017413009
An e-certificate will be issued by Lawctopus & the PACT upon successful completion of the session
Terms & Conditions
- The sessions will be held in a live-only mode. Recordings will be available for 15 days after the completion of the boot camp.
- The joining details of the online workshop will be emailed 1 hour prior to the first day of the workshop. Please check your promotions/updates/spam folder.
- Certificates will be provided only to those who attend the entire boot camp.
- All participants must have a stable internet connection & schedule themselves to attend from a room with minimum disturbance.
- Given the applied nature of the skills being trained for, the participants MUST have their video on for most part of the simulation exercises.
For any details or queries please mail us at courses(at)lawctopus.com