The Association for Democratic Reforms (ADR) was established in 1999 by a group of professors from the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Ahmedabad.
ADR has conducted Election Watches for almost all state and parliament elections in collaboration with the National Election Watch. It conducts multiple projects aimed at increasing transparency and accountability in the political and electoral system of the country.
Our goal is to improve governance and strengthen democracy by continuous work in the area of Electoral and Political Reforms. The ambit and scope of work in this field are enormous, Hence, ADR has chosen to concentrate its efforts in the following areas pertaining to the political system of the country:
- Corruption and criminalization in the political process.
- Empowerment of the electorate through the greater dissemination of information relating to the candidates and the parties, for a better and informed choice.
- Need for greater accountability of Political Parties.
- Need for inner-party democracy and transparency in party-functioning.
About the Programme:
ADR is selecting students from colleges to become ambassadors who would be representing their campuses. These students would be trained in the critical analysis of voting practices and scrutiny of the election process in our country.
They would be made aware of how to practice informed and ethical voting and how can they contribute as voters in forming a good government.
The team would be then required to create the same awareness in their campuses by conducting various activities during a period of one year which would be assisted and funded by ADR. 5 to 6 dedicated students will be selected from every College to form a committee.
The key learning opportunities would be
- Participate in Political & Electoral Reforms process, training workshop in political analysis and scrutiny
- Interact with new people from your college, university, country and all over the world through ADR CAP (Campus Ambassador Programme) and WhatsApp groups.
- Campus ambassadors would be initiating, organising and executing multiple activities giving them hands-on experience in event management and public speaking.
These students would be teamed up (on the basis of colleges) and would have to complete a set number of activities to create political awareness on their own campuses. These activities can be creative in nature depending on the content that would be disseminated. All these activities would be under the ADR Guidance.
- Funding, resources and assistance would be provided for all candidates conducting ADR workshops for awareness.
- Work Experience Certificate to all the candidates on successful completion of a one-year program.
- LinkedIn recommendation to all candidates after completion of the program.
- You can credit yourself as a Campus Ambassador in your email signatures, LinkedIn profile, blogs, Facebook pages, personal pages etc
- Each activity by the students would be funded by ADR including our resources and assistance.
- Letter of Recommendation for exceptionally Well Performing Ambassadors.
- ADR Merchandise, ADR Memento, and ADR award for the best Ambassador.
- Certificate Badge & Best Ambassador Award.
Students pursuing their graduation/post-graduation in any university, and those who believe in the practice of informed and ethical voting are eligible to apply.
Tenure: 1 Year
The last date to apply is Jan 15, 2018.
PLEASE NOTE THE POSITIONS ARE UNPAID AND VOLUNTARY IN NATURE.
Send your CV and Statement of Purpose at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply here.
For any queries, send an email to email@example.com.
Click Here for More Details.