Institute of Nano Science and Technology (INST) invites applications from prospective candidates for admission into its PhD. Program in several areas of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology for the session beginning in January 2020.
Interested candidates with a good academic track record and a strong intent to pursue PhD in areas related to Nanoscience and Technology like devices, materials for energy applications (photocatalysts, electrocatalysts, supercapacitors, hydrogen generation & storage), Smart materials (organic/inorganic), Sensors, Therapeutics etc.
- M.Sc. in (Chemistry/ Physics/ Material Sciences/ Life Sciences)/ M.Pharm./ M.Tech. in Basic, Applied Sciences or Engineering and related areas.
- Qualifying exam: GATE/ CSIR or UGC-NET/ JEST/ JGEEBILS (TIFR/ NCBS)/ ICMR-JRF/ DBT-JRF/ DST-INSPIRE/ GPAT. Students registered with IISER Mohali for their BS-MS program can apply as per IISER Mohali’s norm.
- The application form for PhD programme can be downloaded from this page.
- The duly filled application form and online Synopsis should be sent on apply[at]inst.ac.in as an advance copy.
- The hard copy of application with the following documents should be sent to “The Director, Institute of Nano Science and Technology, Habitat Centre, Phase – 10, Sector – 64, Mohali, Punjab-160062” so as to reach on or before due date: Photograph duly pasted on the application form, Application fees, Self-Attested copies of Certificate in support of age, educational qualifications (Mark Sheet, Degrees & Certificates of class X and above), experience certificate in case of the working candidate and Self-attested a copy in support of SC/ ST/ OBC/ PH category (Should be Valid).
- The envelope containing the application form should superscribe “ Application for the PhD. Program – January 2020”.
- The aforesaid application documents should be accompanied by a Demand Draft (DD) of Rs. 450/- for General/OBC or Rs. 150/- for SC/ST/PH drawn in favor of Institute of Nano Science and Technology, Mohali (payable either at Mohali or at Chandigarh). Please mention your name on the reverse of the DD
Applications from interested students should reach INST through Registered/ Speed Post/ Courier by 17th Oct 2019.