The department of Chemistry at Ashoka University offers full-time graduate program leading to Ph.D. degree in Chemical Sciences. Prospective students are encouraged to be integrated into the world class research and liberal learning culture of the Ashoka University by joining a research group, supervised by one of our academic staff, in one of the following broad areas of Chemical Sciences
- Bioinorganic Chemistry
- Homogeneous and Heterogeneous Catalysis
- Nanoscience and Photocatalysis
- Sustainable and Green Chemistry
- Physical and Material Chemistry
- Separation Science and Technology
- Small Molecule Activation
- Theoretical and Computational Chemistry
- Synthetic Biology (Biology & Chemistry Interface)
Prospective students from any basic/natural or applied sciences discipline including Chemistry, Physics, Biology, and/or Chemical Engineering with an MSc./ MPhil./ MTech./ MEngg./ BTech degree with minimum of 55 percentage or equivalent grade are eligible to apply for the Ph.D. program at Ashoka University.
How to apply?
Only complete applications submitted via the online Ph.D. application portal before the deadline is considered. Applicants are expected to provide the following documents as part of their application
- A short write-up (maximum two pages) of research interests, research training, motivation to carry out Ph.D. program in Chemical Sciences at Ashoka University.
- Latest CV, which contains educational qualification, experiences (if any), skills and contact details of at least two referees.
- Minimum one letter of recommendation from the referees are to be emailed directly to phd.chemistry[at]ashoka.edu.in in .pdf or .doc format. Files should be named in as – ‘Recommendation_<candidate’s name>’.