NIT Jalandhar invites applications for admission to PhD (Full Time & Part Time) Programme in Engineering, Sciences, Humanities and Management for the Academic Year 2019-2020 (Session January-2020). Interested and eligible candidates can check out full details for the same below.
- Engineering Departments (Sr. No. 1 to 11): Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology in the relevant area of research along with Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate branch of Engineering/Technology with a first class or minimum 60% marks (or CGPA of 6.5 on 10 point scale) in the qualifying examination.
- Science Departments: Master’s Degree in appropriate branch of Science with a first class or minimum 60% Marks (or CGPA of 6.5 on 10 point scale) in the qualifying examination.
- Humanities (English Literature & Linguistics): Master’s Degree in the appropriate discipline with 55% marks (or a CGPA of 6.0 on 10 point scale)
- Management: Master’s degree in Management/related areas of Management (Commerce, Public Administration, Engineering, Law, Mathematics, Statistics, Psychology, Economics, Business Economics, Sociology etc.) with 60% Marks (or CGPA of 6.5 on 10 point scale) in the qualifying examination in Engineering/Science/Management. 55% marks (or a CGPA of 6.0 on 10 point scale) in Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Last date for submission of Applications: 30.12.2019
- Display of list of eligible candidates by the concerned HOD in the Institute website: 02.01.2020
- Written Test (if required, in the respective Department. Reporting time 9:00 AM): 06.01.2020
- Display of list of candidates eligible for presentation & interaction: 06.01.2020 by 4:00 PM in the respective Departments
- Presentation/interaction by the candidates who have qualified the test: 07.01.2020
- Display of list of selected candidates: 09.01.2020
- Deposition of fee & Registration 09.01.2020-10.01.2020
- Commencement of classes: 10.01.2020
- The online application form can be filled via this page. Please submit separate application forms, if applying for more than one programme.
- An Application Fee of Rs.1000/- (Rs.500/- for SC/ST/PWD candidates) is required to be paid online. The candidates are required to apply online and there is no requirement to send the Hard Copy of the application form to the Institute. Application fee shall not be refunded in any case.