About the Programme
National Institute for Malaria Research, New Delhi, is a premier Institute of the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR). The Institute invites applications from highly motivated students from Biology background for enrollment in Ph.D programme.
The thrust areas of research include: Development of genetic and molecular markers for important malaria vectors and parasites, Monitoring and defining the mechanism of insecticide and drug resistance, Target-based drug discovery and setting a large-scale platform for phenotype screening, New diagnostic kits based on parasite proteins, Mosquito physiology and behaviors, cytotaxonomic studies of major Indian vectors, field evaluation of drugs, new insecticides, biolarvicides, insecticide-impregnated bed nets.
Total No. of Seats
A total of 41 seats are available for 2020-2021 session.
Who can Apply?
Highly enthusiastic students from almost any branch of Life Sciences/ Biochemistry/ Microbiology/ Entomology /Biotechnology/ Genetics/ Chemistry/Physics/Biophysics/Mathematics/Computer Science/Computational biology/Biostatics/or allied subjects with a particular interest in Biology. M Sc, M.Tech, B.Tech, B.Pharm/B.E./MBBS/MD in Biological Sciences or other branches with a particular interest in Biology with Malaria Research, with at least 60 percent (or equal in CGPA) can also apply ( or equivalent Grade Point Average (GPA), for general and OBC category, and 55% for SC/ST/Differently-abled candidate in aggregate (or equivalent grade).
Upper age limit is 28 years as on 10th Feb 2020 for General Category. Age relaxation of up to 5 years (33 years) for SC/ST/Differently Abled/Women candidates and up to 3 years (31 years) for OBC (NonCreamy Layer) candidates will be granted.
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates can apply for the programme through this link.
- A printed copy of the filled application form should be submitted along with a nonrefundable Demand Draft for Rs 300/- (Exempted for SC/ST and Differently Abled candidates, provided they submit supporting document) drawn in favor of “Director-NIMR, so as to reach on or before May 30, 2020 Envelope should be marked as “NIMR Ph.D. 2020”
- Start of online application: February 10, 2020
- Last date for submission of online application: April 30, 2020
- Last date for submission of hard copy of the application and demand draft: May 30, 2020
- Announcement of candidates shortlisted for Interviews: Will be displayed on NIMR website; Last week of June, 2020
- Date of Interview: Will be displayed on NIMR website; last week of July, 2020
- Final Selection: Announcement of final Selected candidate at the web site; August 1, 2020