The CSIR-Institute of Genomics and Integrative biology (CSIR-IGIB) invites applications from bright young individuals from diverse backgrounds with strong motivation and good academic credentials to pursue research in the frontier areas of modern biology leading to a Ph.D degree. The broad interdisciplinary research areas are genomics and molecular medicine, genome informatics and structural biology, chemical and systems biology, respiratory disease biology and environmental biotechnology. PhD students in CSIR-IGIB are enrolled in the Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research (AcSIR) and the degree will be awarded by AcSIR.
Who can apply
- Masters (M.Sc/M.Tech/M.Pharm) with at least 60% (or equivalent in CGPA) in any branch of Life Sciences/Biotechnology/Chemistry/Physics/Mathematics/Computer Science or allied subjects with special interest in Biology.
- B.Tech (in Biological sciences or other branches with special interest in Biology)/B.Pharm/B.E./MBBS candidates with at least 60% (or equivalent in CGPA) may also apply.
- In addition to this, all candidates should also have obtained at least 60% (or equivalent in CGPA) in their XIIth standard board examination.
- Both the criteria are relaxed for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy) candidates to a minimum of 55% in the highest qualifying exam and in the XIIth standard board examination.
- Candidates who are awaiting results for the highest qualifying examinations are allowed to appear, but their admission is subject to clearing all the eligibility criteria at the time of admission.
- M.Sc/M.Tech/M.Pharm/B.Tech/B.Pharm/B.E/MBBS candidates should hold CSIR-UGC(JRF)/DBT(JRF)/ICMR-JRF/DST-INSPIRE or equivalent (fellowship certificate should be valid at the time of joining in all cases).
- Fellowship conditions should allow them to work in CSIR Laboratories and on CSIR projects.
- B.Tech/B/Pharm/B.E students who fulfill the conditions for GATE-JRF fellowship are also eligible.
- Eligible candidates will have to appear for interviews at CSIR-IGIB.
Upper age limit is 28 years (as on the closing date of application) which is relaxable for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy)/physically handicapped persons as well as women candidates as per Govt. of India rules in this regard.
How to apply
- Please register on the AcSIR admission portal. Keep the Registration number from the AcSIR application portal. This will be essential for applying on the CSIR-IGIB portal.
- CSIR-IGIB application portal will be active on the CSIR-IGIB website.
- Upload your research proposal (this does not have to be related to the work you will actually do in the PhD). This will be used to evaluate your scientific aptitude. Complete the rest of the application as instructed.
- Submit the non-refundable application fee of Rs 1000/- [Rs 500/- for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy) candidates].
- Eligible candidates will be invited through email for appearing in interview sat CSIR-1 IGIB, Delhi, to be held in June 14-17, 2020. The interviews will be aimed at evaluating abilities to comprehend, analyze and reason along with the aptitude of the candidate in biological sciences. Candidates will also be evaluated with special focus on their research proposal that they are to submit at the time of application. The candidates should be ready to make a short 10-minute presentation (no slides,) based on their research interest and research proposal.
- The names of the successful candidates eligible to join CSIR-IGIB PhD program will be declared on the institute website.
- The selected candidates are required to join CSIR-IGIB before the date of joining intimated to them.
- Admission into the CSIR-IGIB PhD Program of Ac SIR is subject to the verification of all documents defining eligibility. Non-fulfillment of the eligibility criteria will result in cancellation of the candidature at any stage of admission process.