Applications are invited for Full-Time PhD programme in the following departments of the MANIT Institute, Bhopal. Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Materials & Metallurgical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biological Science & Engineering, Architecture & Planning, Energy Centre, Computer Science & Engineering, Mathematics (Mathematics, Bioinformatics, Computer Applications under Department of Mathematics), Physics (Physics, Nanoscience & Engineering under Department of Physics), Chemistry, Management Studies, Humanities and Social Sciences.
Master’s Degree in the relevant discipline with minimum 65% marks (CGPA/GGPA 6.0) and Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 65% marks (CGPA/GGPA 6.0) from a recognized university. In Management studies the candidate must have MBA degree or 2 years PGDM from MHRD/AICTE/UGC recognized Institute. Candidate should have GATE/NET qualified. Reservations are as per prevailing GOI norms. For reserved category students i.e. SC/ST/PwD a relaxation of 5% (0.5 in CGPA) is applicable.
- Last Date of form submission 20/11/2019
- Date of written test 30/11/2019
- Declaration of Result 09/12/2019
- Admission Date 23/12/2019
- Start of Course work 01/01/2020
The application form can be downloaded via this page. Duly filled and completed application form in the prescribed format along with necessary supporting documents will only be considered. The completed form along with a non-refundable processing fee of Rs. 1500/- (Unreserved) and Rs. 1000/- for SC/ST/PwD candidates should be submitted to Assistant Registrar (Academic), MANIT Bhopal – 462003 upto 20 Nov 2019.
Selection will be based on written test conducted at Institute level. For each department, admission test of two hours (02 hr) duration containing three sections of total 200 marks with the following structure will be conducted in the Institute:
- Section 1: English (50 Marks, 30 Minutes, 25 Questions).
- Section 2: Mathematical Ability (50 Marks 30 Minutes, 25 Questions).
- Section 1 and 2 of written test of 1 hour is common for all the departments, Section 3 written test of 1 hour will be conducted separately for each department
- Section 3: Concerned Subject (100 Marks, 60 Minutes, 50 Questions). Copies of Section 3 will only be evaluated when student will attain a minimum total 30 marks in Section 1 and Section 2. Branch wise Merit list will be prepared on the basis of total marks of Section 3 only. For Architecture & Planning, Bio-informatics, Humanities, Management, Biological Sciences and Chemistry a separate examination of Mathematics will be conducted. A relaxation of 5% in minimum normalized cut off in the written test will be given to SC/ST/PwD Candidates.