The University of Hyderabad invites applications from bright, aspiring candidates committed to excellence in research to apply for Ph.D. programs in various Schools/ Departments and Centres in the January 2020 Session.
Specializations offered in M.Phil
English, Philosophy, Hindi, Telugu, Urdu, Applied Linguistics, Translation Studies, Comparative Literature, English Language Studies, Dalit and Adivasi Studies and Translation, Economics, History, Political Science, Sociology, Anthropology, Regional Studies, Social Exclusion & Inclusive Policy, Indian Diaspora, General Studies.
Duration of course
Specializations offered in Ph.D.
Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Operation Research, Computer Science, Physics, Electronic Sciences, Chemistry, Bio-Chemistry, Plant Sciences, Animal Sciences, Biotechnology, English, Philosophy, Hindi, Telugu, Urdu, Applied Linguistics, Translation Studies, Comparative Literature, Sanskrit Studies, English Language Studies, Dalit and Adivasi Studies and Translation, History, Political Science, Sociology, Anthropology, Regional Studies, Folk Culture Studies, Social Exclusion & Inclusive Policy, Indian Diaspora, Science, Technology and Society Studies, Human Rights, Dance , Communication, Management studies, Medical Science, Material Engineering, Economics, Earth & Space Sciences, ACRHEM, Psychology, General Studies, Language Endangered Studies.
- Candidate must have hold of a master’s degree in the concerned/relevant subject with not less than 55% of marks/equivalent grade from a recognized university.
- Candidates need to qualify the written test and interview.
- Qualified Candidate who has qualified UGC/CSIR/NBHM /JRF/RGNF/MANF are not required to take the entrance test.
- Candidates who are appearing in the final examination of the qualifying degree and expecting their results and certificates before July 31 are also eligible to apply.
Candidates will be selected for the above Program on the basis of their merit in the written test followed by an interview. However, candidates who have qualified UGC/CSIR/NBHM /JRF/RGNF/MANF are exempted from the written test. The selection of such candidates shall be based on the interview.
How to Apply
The application form has to be submitted here from 9th October 2019 to 31st October 2019. Before applying, the candidate will be required to have a scanned (digital) image of his/her Photographs (25kb) and signature (10kb). Scanned copy of the Caste Certificate for SC/ST/OBC/EWS applicants.
General: 550/-; EWS : Rs.500/-; OBC : Rs.350/-; SC/ST/PWD(PH) : Rs 250/-.
Fees once paid will not be refunded
- Last date for Submitting the Online Application: 31.10.2019
- Downloading of Hall Tickets for Written Test: 05.11.2019
- Date of Entrance Examination (Only at Hyderabad Centre): 10.11.2019