South Asian University (SAU) is an international university established by the governments of the eight member nations of the South Asian Association for Regional Co-operation (SAARC) viz., Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. The University, established with the aim of evolving a South Asian consciousness, offers Master’s and PhD level programmes in Economics, Computer Science, Biotechnology, Applied Mathematics, Sociology, International Relations and Legal Studies.
SAU attracts students from all member nations and its degrees are recognized by all the eight SAARC countries.
Who can Apply
- For admission to the Master’s level programmes, a minimum of 15 years of education under the 10+2+3 pattern (i.e., 12 years of schooling + a 3 year degree) is essential. Applicants who have earned a 4-year degree after 10+2 (12 years of schooling) are also eligible, though the Master’s level programme will still be of two years duration for them. Applicants who have obtained a Bachelor’s degree in less than 15 years (e.g., under the 10+2+2 pattern) are not eligible for admission.
- However, students who have completed a two-year Bachelor’s degree and thereafter have also completed one year of MA/MSc can apply for admission to a Master’s level course subject to their fulfilling other prescribed eligibility conditions including the percentage of required marks (which will be the average of marks obtained at the Bachelor’s level and the first year of the MA/MSc course).
- Applicants who have not completed their Master’s level course and are yet to appear for their last year/semester exam may also take the Entrance Test. However, their admission will be subject to their fulfilling the minimum eligibility criteria of the aggregate percentage of marks at the Master’s level besides clearing the Entrance Test.
- Please note that such candidates will not have any claim to admission if their results are not declared and their mark sheets are not available latest by 10 August 2020 which is the last date for admission with prior permission from the competent authority.
- The admission procedure for the PhD programme consists of an Entrance Test followed by an interview. Students are required to score at least 50% marks in both, the Entrance Test and the interview separately, to be eligible for admission
- Complete eligibility criteria is given in the official link below.
How to Apply
The application is separate for every course of study and is given in the official link below.
Application Deadline: March 14, 2020
Entrance Tests: March 28-29, 2020
Classes Begin: July 14, 2020