Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur (IITKGP) and Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science (IACS) offer a joint M.Sc.-Ph.D. Program in “Chemical and Molecular Biology”. This program brings two premier institutes in teaching and research together to offer courses in the interface of Biology and Chemistry.
Students will participate in course work in both the institutes. The students obtaining CGPA greater than the stipulated one may be admitted to the Ph.D. program after completion of their M.Sc. Applications are invited from interested Indian nationals for admission to the above course.
- First division at 10 and 10+2 level
- Candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree in any branch of Life science or Chemistry.
- At least 55% aggregate marks (taking into account all subjects, including Languages and Subsidiaries, all years combined) for General/EWS/OBC-NCL category candidates and at least 50% aggregate marks (taking into account all subjects, including Languages and Subsidiaries, all years combined) for SC/ST and PwD category candidates in the qualifying degree.
- For candidates with letter grades/CGPA, the candidate should secure at least 6.5 CGPA in 10 point scale. Conversion of CGPA into marks will not be accepted if the degree awarded on the basis of CGPA.
- Proof of having passed the Qualifying Degree with the Minimum Educational Qualifications (MEQ) as specified by the admitting institute should be submitted by October 31, 2020.
- The candidate should qualify JAM (Biotechnology) or JAM (Chemistry) conducted in 2020
- Intake will be on the basis of JAM (BT)/ JAM (CY) rank.
- Reservation of seats will be as per MHRD norms.
How to apply?
- Applicants are required to apply online.
- Self-attested copies of mark sheets/certificates/ JAM score card should be uploaded in the online portal. Interim queries will not be entertained. Those who have appeared in the final examination may also apply but their final selection will be subject to securing the required percentage of marks in the qualifying examination.
|Announcement of the admission processes||16 July 2020|
|Last date of receiving online applications||06 August 2020|
Admitted students will be entitled to a stipend of Rs. 12,000/- p.m. (fixed) for the first two years subject to adequate performance and other rules of the Institutes. On successful completion of the M.Sc. course, students obtaining a CGPA above a certain stipulated level may be considered for admission into Ph.D. program following the prevailing norms of the admitting institute. Students will be accommodated in the hostel during their stay at IACS Kolkata and IIT Kharagpur.