Rovira i Virgili University, Spain invites applications from prospective students for admission to its Doctoral Degree program in Economics and Business.
The main aim of this programme is to train students to carry out advanced, high-quality research. The general objectives are the following:
- To incorporate the doctoral students in a research group.
- To broaden the students’ abilities so that they can specialise intensively in the research lines defined by the programme.
- To foster initiative in undertaking research projects with the methodology and the scientific principles of the research line in which they are working.
- To promote the acquisition of general skills related to individual and group work, participation in research projects and management of databases and bibliographies, etc.
- To prepare the doctoral thesis.
Who can Apply
For students to be admitted to the programme, in addition to the general requirements for a Ph.D., they must:
- Have completed the master’s degrees directly related to the doctorate related to the doctorate, or another official master’s degree in the field of Business and Economics or related fields
- Accredit the B1 level of English
- Present a thesis proposal or research project on the topic to be developed
- Merits and assessment criteria
Should the number of applicants exceed the number of places available, the following criteria will be taken into account:
- Letter of support from a professor of the doctoral program
- Availability of related teachers in the subject developed on the thesis proposal or research project
- Balance between the different lines of research of the program
- Prior experience in research activities or previous training in relevant research methodologies
- Academic transcript of the master’s degree
- Academic transcript of the first degree
- Professional experience
- English level
How to Apply
To apply online, click here.
February 28, 2020
Postgraduate and Doctoral School
N5 building, Sescelades Campus
C/ Marcel·lí Domingo, 2-4-6. 43007 Tarragona