Admission to Courses for Flying Branch & Ground Duty in Indian Air Force: Apply by Dec 30
Online applications are invited for the courses commencing in January 2021 for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in Flying Branch and Permanent Commission (PC) and Short Service Commission (SSC) in Ground Duty (Technical and Non-Technical) Branches. Online applications are also invited for grant of PC/SSC for NCC Special Entry Scheme (For Flying Branch).
Details of Courses
1. AFCAT Entry
Flying (Course number 209/21F/SSC/M & W)
Number of Vacancies: SSC -60
Ground Duty (Technical) (Course number 208/21T/PC/M 208/21T/SSC/M & W)
Number of Vacancies: AE(L): PC-40, SSC-26; AE(M): PC-23, SSC-16
Ground Duty (Non-Technical) (Course number 208/21G/PC/M 208/21G/SSC/M & W)
Number of Vacancies: Admin: PC -24, SSC-16; Accts: PC-14, SSC-10; Lgs: PC-12, SSC-0
2. NCC Special Entry
Flying (Course number: 209/21F/PC/M; 209/21F/SSC/M & W)
Number of Vacancies: 10% seats out of CDSE vacancies for PC and 10% seats out of AFCAT vacancies for SSC.
Who can Apply
Candidates below 25 years of age must be unmarried at the time of commencement of the course. Widows/Widowers and divorcees (with or without encumbrances) below 25 years of age are also not eligible.
1. Flying Branch. 20 to 24 years as on 01 January 2021 i.e. born between 02 January 1997 to 01 January 2001 (both dates inclusive). Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot License issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 26 years i.e. born between 02 January 1995 to 01 January 2001 (both dates inclusive).
2. Ground Duty (Technical/Non-Technical) Branches.20 to 26 years as on 01 January 2021 i.e. born between 02 January 1995 to 01 January 2001 (both dates Inclusive).
How to Apply
The QR code to apply online is given in the official link below.
- Pay on Commission as per 7th CPC of Flying Officer is Rs. 56100 -11070. Flight Cadets shall receive a fixed stipend of Rs 56,100/-per month during last one year of training.
- n addition to pay, allowances are applicable based on the nature of duty/ place of posting and it includes Flying, Technical, Field Area, Special Compensatory (Hill area), Special Force, Siachen, Island Special Duty, Test Pilot & Flight Test Engineer, Area and Remote Locality Allowance.
- Air Force Officers are entitled to furnished accommodation, comprehensive medical cover for self and dependents, Canteen, Officers’ Mess, loans at subsidised rates, LTC etc. Leave (60 days annual and 20 days casual) subject to service exigencies.
- Rs. 75 Lakhs Insurance Cover (on contribution) is applicable to serving officers. Additional cover of Rs. 12 Lakhs (on contribution) is applicable to Flying Branch Officers.
- Indian Air Force provides state of the art facilities to play various sports and adventure activities (sky diving, micro light flying, mountaineering, water rafting etc.)
December 30, 2019
For more information, click here.
About the Author