CMI (Chennai Mathematical Institute) invites admission applications for Bachelor, Master & PhD Programmes 2020. Applications for August, 2020 are open.
Admission will be made to the following programmes in 2020–21.
- B.Sc. (Hons.) in Mathematics and Computer Science (3 year course).
- B.Sc. (Hons.) in Mathematics and Physics (3 year course).
- M.Sc. in Mathematics.
- M.Sc. in Computer Science.
- M.Sc. in Data Science.
- Ph.D. in Mathematics.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science.
- Ph.D. in Physics.
- Applications open (online and paper): Monday, 9 March, 2020
- Last date of issue of paper applications: Friday, 10 April, 2020
- Last date to fill out online applications, (including online payments), and for paper applications to reach CMI: Saturday, 11 April, 2020, 23:59 IST
- Last date for updating DD details online: Wednesday, 15 April, 2020, 23:59 IST
- Last date for DDs to reach CMI: Monday, 20 April, 2020
- Admit Cards to be available online: Friday, 1 May, 2020
- Date of the Entrance Examination: Friday, 15 May, 2020
- Date of announcement of results: Before Friday, 19 June, 2020
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Mathematics and Computer Science: 12th standard or equivalent.
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Mathematics and Physics: 12th standard or equivalent.
- M.Sc. in Mathematics: Undergraduate degree (BA, BSc, BE, BTech, …) with a strong background in mathematics.
- M.Sc. in Computer Science: Undergraduate degree (BA, BSc, BE, BTech, …) with a strong background in computer science.
- M.Sc. in Data Science: Undergraduate degree (BA, BSc, BE, BTech, …) with a background in mathematics/ statistics/ computer science.
- Ph.D. in Mathematics: B.E./B.Tech/B.Sc.(Math)/M.Sc.(Math).
- Ph.D. in Computer Science: B.E/B.Tech/M.Sc.(C.S.)/M.C.A.
- Ph.D. in Physics: M.Sc.(Physics).
How to apply?
You may apply online or request a printed application form, either by post or in person.
For all programmes other than Ph.D. Physics, applicants will have to take an entrance examination. The entrance examinations for 2020-21 will take place on 15 May 2020 at the following locations: Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Calicut, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Delhi, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Imphal, Indore, Kanpur, Kolkata, Madurai, Mumbai, Nagpur, Patna, Pune, Ranchi, Shillong, Silchar, Srinagar and Trivandrum.
For Ph.D. Physics, candidates should write the Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST). There is no separate CMI entrance examination for Ph.D. Physics.
Selection for all Ph.D. programmes will involve an interview at Chennai for shortlisted candidates. For all other programmes, interviews will be at the discretion of the Admissions Committee—the Committee may call shortlisted candidates for an interview depending on their prior academic record.