IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University) invites admission application for B.Ed course for January session 2020. For more details regarding IGNOU B.Ed admission 2020, check below:
The Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) programme of Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has been designed with the aim to develop an understanding of teaching-learning process at upper primary/ secondary and senior secondary level among student teachers. It focuses on enabling student-teachers to reflect critically on perspectives of education and integrate holistically the theory and practices to facilitate the active engagement of learners for knowledge creation.
- at least fifty percent marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree and/or in the Master’s Degree in Sciences/ Social Sciences/Commerce/Humanity. Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto, and
- The following categories are eligible to be students of B.Ed. (ODL): Trained in-service teachers in elementary education. Candidates who have completed a NCTE recognized teacher education programme through face-to-face mode.
- The reservation and relaxation of 5% marks in minimum eligibility will be provided to SC/ST/OBC (Non creamy layer)/PWD candidates as per the rules of the Central Government.
- Reservation to Kashmiri Migrants and war widow candidates will be provided as per the University Rules.
- Masters’ Degree awarded without a first degree is not accepted for purpose of Academic Studies in IGNOU.
- Only those candidates whose results are declared and qualified at the time of submitting the entrance form are eligible. The applications would not be considered even though they appear and qualify in the entrance test, if they are not fulfilling minimum eligibility at the time of submitting the application form for the entrance test
The minimum duration of the programme is two years. However, the maximum period allowed for completion of the programme is five years.
Programme Fee is Rs. 50,000/- for the entire programme.
For more details & application form, click here.
About the Author