Applications are now invited for the AdamStart International Day of the Girl Child Mini-Grant 2020. The 20 days worldwide campaign is calling all girls and young women with a creative, innovative problem-solving idea to enter for a chance to win one of five £100 micro-grants to support your business or social impact venture.
The #AdamStart International Day of Girl Child Micro-Grant is an entrepreneurial initiative open to a girl or young women aged 18-25 years old of any demographic and from every corner of the Earth. The world needs your solutions!
Every year on 11 October, the International Day of the Girl, UNICEF launches an annual campaign with girls to amplify their voices and stand up for their rights. This year, under the theme, “My voice, our equal future”, AdamStart is poised to seize the opportunity to reimagine a better world inspired by young adolescent girls – energized and recognized, counted, and invested in.
As adolescent girls worldwide assert their power as change-makers, AdamStart’s International Day of the Girl 2020 communication will focus on creating enabling environments where their demands to Live free from gender-based violence, harmful practices, and Learn new skills towards the futures they choose as a generation of activists accelerating social change are heard and championed. Ideas selected must sit within the platform of nine of the Beijing conference for women.
- £100 (Rs. 9465.24/- approx.) micro-grant per person
- 6 months & supporting
- PR & Marketing Support
- The applicant must be (or identify as) female.
- The idea must be new and not an already-established venture (where ‘already-established’ means beyond its first year of operation).
- The applicant must be the founder of the idea/project or a member of the founding team.
- Candidate must be between the ages of 18 and 25 (inclusive).
- The idea must be innovative with a clear sustainability plan.
- The applicant must be ambitious and highly-motivated.
- Open to all kinds of business/venture (ideas that bring civil unrest will be rejected).
- Project/ venture must enable, support, develop, etc. young girl child(ren) in-line with the UN Girl Child Day agenda.
How to Apply?
To apply online, click here. The last date to apply is October 9, 2020.
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Share Real Life Stories on #BetiBachaoBetiPadhao Contest by Ministry of Women and Child Development: Submit by Sep 30.