Applications are invited for Ad-hoc Academic Associate (Information Systems) at IIM Ahmedabad for the year 2021. The last date of application is 18 October.
To assist the faculty of the Institute in their teaching and research and to work as an administrative interface with different facility providers of the Institute. At present we are looking for Ad-hoc Academic Associate in the Information Systems (IS) Area.
- First class MCA or M.Tech. or B.Tech./ BE in CSE, IT or ECE or MBA (Systems). Minimum two years of experience.
- Age: Preferred below 30 years.
Selected candidates need to work with faculty members as may be assigned by the Area Chair for their teaching and research activities.
Major Teaching Activities: To assist faculty members in seven to eight courses per year. The assistance would involve the following:
- Attending classes
- Correcting/grading answer sheets/quizzes/projects/assignments
- Helping the faculty with design and delivery for a course, such as preparation/revisionof course outline, reading list, class handouts, simulations, presentation slides etc
- Marking and tabulating attendance and class participation, setting up necessary teaching aids as instructed, tracking students’ progress in class projects, assignments etc.
- To mandatorily participate in all briefings, discussions and training organized by Area Chair, instructor(s), academic officers, programme chairpersons, Dean, AADEC.
- To provide tutorial support including remedial classes as instructed by faculty member.
- To co-ordinate with relevant support and Academic Offices.
- To compulsorily participate in invigilation duties and attend pre-examination briefings and post examination debriefings by faculty.
- To ensure that they have familiarized themselves with the programme manual and code of conduct.
- To report instances of students’ behavior that violates the Institute’s code of conduct.
- To assist faculty in their research, case writing, teaching note/exercise development and paper writing.
- To learn such tools, techniques and software applications required for conducting high quality research and apply the same as required by faculty member(s).
- To initiate research and case writing projects under the guidance of faculty member(s).
- To coordinate with R & P Office, Case Unit etc. for matters related to dissemination of research output, registration of cases/teaching notes /exercise etc.
Candidates are advised to apply online latest by October 18, 2021.
Monthly consolidated salary of Rs. 31,000/- to Rs. 42,000/- depending on qualification, experience, merit and performance in the interview. No other allowances except TA/DA for official tour will be paid.
Click here to view the official notification of Ad-hoc Academic Associate (Information Systems) at IIM Ahmedabad.
You may also be interested in: