Applications are invited for Academic Associates (Public Policy) at IIM Ahmedabad for the year 2021. The last date of application is 27 October.
About the School
The JSW School of Public Policy (JSW-SPP) at the Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIMA) is a centre of excellence in the making. Set up with support from the JSW Group, it seeks to make a distinctive contribution to knowledge about public policy through cutting-edge research on the emerging Indian experience of policy formulation and design, policy choice, and policy impact, and through its educational programs.
- Qualifications: Ph.D., M.Phil., or Masters in degree public policy, public administration, management, or other related disciplines such as economics, political science, and sociology from a reputed institution. Those with experience in teaching and research will be given preference. Minimum Two years of experience is required.
- Age: Preferred below 30 years.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in leveraging digital tools and technologies
- Ability to stay organized
- Experience in teaching and research would be an added advantage
- Ability to multi-task
- Eye for detail
- Self-driven and motivated
Initial appointment of 2 years and extendable up to a total of 5 years based on annual performance review.
To assist the JSW School of Public Policy faculty in their teaching and work as an administrative interface between faculty and different facility providers. Selected candidates need to undertake the following tasks:
- Assist JSW-SPP and IIMA faculty in design and delivery of courses through preparation and revision of course outlines, reading list, lecture notes, handouts, and case material
- Attend classes and set up class logistics and teaching aids
- Tracking attendance and marking class participation
- Assist in grading of answer sheets/quizzes/projects/assignments
- Track progress of assignment and project submissions
- Conducting tutorials and remedial sessions, if required
- Assist in organizing academic events such as workshops, seminars, and conferences
- Participate in all briefings, discussions, and training organized by instructors, academic officers, programme chairpersons, Dean, AADEC, Area Chairs
- Coordinate with academic offices like PGP, PGP-FABM, PGPX, ePGP, FPM, EEP, FDP, and other support offices
- Assist in invigilation duties and attend pre-examination briefing and post-examination debriefing by faculty
- Report instances of students’ behavior that violates the Institute’s Code of Conduct
- Familiarize themselves with various programme manuals
- Assist faculty in their research and case writing, if required
- Learn such tools, techniques, and software applications required for online teaching and conducting high-quality research as required by faculty members
- Coordinate with Research & Publications Office, Case Unit, and so on for matters related to the dissemination of research output, registration of cases/teaching notes and so on.
Candidates are advised to apply online latest by October 27, 2021
Monthly consolidated salary of INR 31,000/- to INR 42,000/- depending on qualification, experience, merit, and performance in the interview. No other allowances except TA/DA for the official tour will be paid.
Click here to view the official notification of Academic Associates (Public Policy) at IIM Ahmedabad.
You may also be interested in: