Applications are invited for Academic Associates for Various Areas/Centres/Group at IIM Ahmedabad for the year 2022. The last date of application is 5 April.
To assist the faculty of the Institute in their teaching, research and work as an administrative interface with different facility providers of the Institute. At present we are looking for the position of Academic Associates in the areas: Human Resource Management (HRM), Information Systems (IS), Public Systems Group (PSG), Ravi J Matthai Centre for Educational Innovation (RJMCEI), Strategy.
IIMA has the following Academic Programmes:
PGP: Post-Graduate Programme in Management,
PGP-FABM: Post Graduate Programme in Food and Agri-Business Management.
PGPX: Post-Graduate Programme in Management for Executives.
ePGP: “eMode” Post-Graduate Programme in Management.
Ph.D. programme in Management
EEP: Executive Education Programme
FDP: Faculty Development Programme.
ePGD-ABA: ePost Graduate Diploma in Advanced Business Analytics
Selected candidates need to undertake the following tasks assigned by their respective faculty members:
To work with faculty members as may be assigned by the Area Chair for their teaching and research activities.
Major Teaching Activities:
- To assist faculty members in seven to eight courses per year. The assistance would involve the following:
a. Attending classes
b. Correction/grading of answer sheets/quizzes/projects/assignments and conducting remedial sessions, if required.
c. Design and delivery in any of the programmes, such as preparation/revision of course outline, reading list, class handouts, simulations, presentation slides etc.
d. To conduct attendance marking and tabulation, class participation marking and tabulation, setting up necessary teaching aids as instructed, tracking progress in class projects, assignments etc.
- Co-ordination with relevant & support Academic Offices.
- Compulsorily participate in invigilation duties and attend pre-examination briefing and post examination debriefing by faculty.
- To report instances of students’ behavior that violates Institutes code of conduct. They should familiarize themselves with the programme manual.
- To assist faculty in their research, case writing, teaching note/exercise development and paper writing.
- To learn such tools, techniques and software applications required for conducting high quality research and apply the same as required by faculty member(s).
- To initiate research and case writing projects under the guidance of faculty member(s).
- To coordinate with R & P Office, Case Unit etc. for matters related dissemination of research output, registration of cases/teaching notes /exercise etc.
- Age: Maximum 35 years
- Area Specific Qualifications / Experience: Candidates are also advised to see the required Area-specific qualifications/experience given in the next page.
Monthly consolidated salary of Rs. 31000 to Rs. 43,000/- and Annual Development Allowance. The salary will be depending on qualification, experience, merit and performance in the interview. No other allowances except TA/DA for official tour will be paid. In exceptional cases candidates with outstanding academic records with less than two years’ experience may be appointed at lower remuneration.
Initially for one/two years and extendable up to total five years based on annual performance review. We look forward to candidates who are looking for a long career in academics and are willing to be associated with the Institute for at least two to three years.
Interested candidates can apply online via this page.
Last date of application is 5 April.
Click here to view the official notification of Academic Associates for Various Areas/Centres/Group at IIM Ahmedabad.
You may also be interested in: