The Indian Institute of Management Bangalore invites applications for the position of Academic Associate (AA) at the Centre for Public Policy (CPP). The academic Associate programme at CPP is designed to help interns prepare for an independent academic career. They are looking for highly motivated individuals with excellent academic credentials and a demonstrable interest in building an academic career. Primary responsibilities include assisting faculty members with their ongoing teaching and research projects.
The Indian Institute of Management Bangalore is a public business school and Institute of National Importance located in Bangalore, India. Founded in 1973, it was the third IIM to be established, after IIM Calcutta and IIM Ahmedabad.
- The ideal candidate will be somebody with excellent oral and written communication skills, computer and data science skills (quantitative and qualitative analytical skillsets essential), and looking to transition into an academic career in development studies, health economics, demography, public health, biostatistics, or public policy.
- Motivated candidates with preferably a Master’s degree and an interest in applying evidence retrieval and data science skills in a social science domain are encouraged to apply.
- This position is best suited for candidates looking to gain research and teaching experience as a prelude to a doctoral degree in public policy, health economics, demography, biostatistics, or public health or a cognate social science discipline.
- Interest and familiarity with debates in economic and social inequality, public health, and demography will be a distinct advantage (the position will provide opportunities to work with datasets and field survey methodology).
- For shortlisted candidates, the selection process will include a brief “literature review and analysis” project that will need a time investment of approximately 4-5 hours and will be used to determine search and evidence retrieval skills, analytic skills, and scientific writing proficiency.
An all-inclusive monthly emolument in the range of Rs. 30,000 (Rupees Thirty Thousand only) to Rs. 36,000 (Rupees Thirty-six Thousand only) per month plus an additional house rent allowance of Rs. 8,000 (Rupees Eight Thousand) per month based on educational qualification and experience of the applicant. An annual increment will be based on the performance.
Initially for a period of one year and extendable up to three years based on performance review. If the candidate registers for a Ph.D. programme in another institution within 3 years, a further extension of two years can be given, and additional one year if sufficient progress on the dissertation work is seen.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
This position is on contract. Selected candidates should be prepared to take up the assignment immediately. The maximum age limit for being appointed under these Rules will ordinarily not exceed 60 years for Non-teaching staff, subject to the discretion from the director.
You might also be interested in: