Applications are invited for Academic Associate at IIM Bangalore for the year 2021. The last date of application is 4 March 2022.
The Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB) invites applications for the position of Academic Associate for the Economics and Social Sciences Area from qualified candidates.
The Indian Institute of Management Bangalore is a public business school and Institute of National Importance located in Bangalore, India. Founded in 1973, it was the third IIM to be established, after IIM Calcutta and IIM Ahmedabad.
- The position is suitable for candidates with excellent academic credentials who have a long-term interest in doing their doctoral program and engaging in teaching and research in Economics.
- Academic Associate is required to provide teaching and research support to the faculty in the Economics Area depending on the requirements of the faculty and the availability of academic associate resources.
- Academic Associate should be willing and interested to assist faculty on all aspects of their academic teaching and research work.
- Academic Associates are also expected to audit doctoral-level courses and are encouraged to participate in seminars, brown bags, and conferences held in the Area.
- Candidates are required to hold a Masters Degree in Economics at the time of joining a reputed university or institute with a minimum of 55 percent.
- Candidates are expected to be proficient in MS-office and to have good knowledge of one or more software packages such as R, Python, STATA, MATLAB so that they can assist faculty members in research work.
- Familiarity with data sets such as NSSO, ASI, Prowess, Census, COMPUSTAT, PLFS, and WDI would be helpful.
- An all-inclusive monthly emolument in the range of Rs.30,000 (Rupees Thirty Thousand only) to Rs. 36,000 (Rupees Thirty-six Thousand only) per month plus an additional house rent allowance of Rs. 8,000 (Rupees Eight Thousand) per month based on the educational qualification and experience of the applicant.
- Annual increment will be based on the performance.
Initially for a period of one year and extendable up to 03 years based on performance review. If the candidate registers for a Ph.D. program in another institution within the 3 years a further extension of two years can be given, and an additional one year if sufficient progress on the dissertation work is seen.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is March 4, 2022.
This position is on contract. Selected candidates should be prepared to take up the assignment immediately.
You may also be interested in: