Applications are invited for the Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship 2021.
Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE) will award Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowships to outstanding engineers to recognize, encourage and support translational research by individuals to achieve excellence in engineering, innovation and technology development.
A Maximum of 10 Fellowships will be awarded per year.
All areas of engineering, innovation and technology are covered by this fellowship.
- The scheme is applicable to Indian nationals working in India in various capacities of engineering profession in public funded institutions.
- The scheme is also applicable to Overseas Citizens of India working in permanent positions in public funded Institutions in India.
- The applicant should possess adequate professional qualification and hold at least a bachelor’s degree
- This applicant should have a minimum of five (5) years of service left in the parent organization as on the date of the award.
- The applicant should not be holding any other fellowship and in the event of selection, he/she will have to opt for only one of the fellowships.
The duration of the fellowship will be initially for three years, extendable by upto two more years depending on the performance.The fellowship can be held for a maximum of 5 years.
Nature of Support
The fellowship amount is Rs. 25,000 per month in addition to regular income.A Research grant of Rs.15.00 lakh per annumAn Overhead of Rs.1.00 lakh per annum to the host institute.The fellowship is taxable as per IT rule of Government of India.
Commercialized or deployable technology; pilot scale or field trial worthy technology; patent (filed/ sold/ commercialized); working model or prototype for demonstration and trial.
- The nominations can be sent by the Heads of the Institutions/ organizations, Presidents/ fellows of National science/ engineering academies, SS Bhatnagar Awardees and JC Bose awardees.
- The nominations will be accepted throughout the year. The nominations received up to June 30, 2021 shall be considered for selection during the Financial Year 2021-22 and those received after June 30, 2021 shall be carried forward to be considered for selection for next financial year 2022-23.
Selection of Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellows will be made by a Search -Cum-Selection Expert Committee specially constituted for the purpose, as per the broad guidelines of the fellowship.
How to Apply?
- To download the nomination form, click here.
- In view of the unprecedented crisis due to impact of Covid-19 Virus, the submission of the Nomination form along with all supporting documents/appendices can be submitted by email as a pdf file to INAE (email@example.com), as a special provision for this year.
- In case, the document is not signed by the nominator, an email should be sent by the nominator authenticating the nomination.
June 30, 2021
Phone: 0124- 4239480
Click here to view the official notification for the Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship 2021.
More such opportunities that you might be interested in:
- IIT Gandhinagar Early-Career Fellowship 2021 [Amount of Rs. 1L]: Apply by Jun 7 [Extended]
- Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2021 by Govt. of Canada [70 Fellowships; Fellowship Upto Rs. 50L]: Apply by Sep 22