About the Organisation
Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship 2019, is organised by INAE and Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), Department of Science and Technology (DST) have instituted the Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship in the year 2017; with the view to recognize, encourage and support transnational research by Indian Nationals working in various capacities of engineering profession, in public funded institutions in the country.
About the Scholarship
Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE) invites applications for Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship from outstanding engineers to encourage, support and recognize transnational research and achieve excellence in innovation, engineering and technology development.
To be eligible for the fellowship, an applicant must –
• Be an Indian national working in India in different capacities of the engineering profession at reputed public-funded institutions.
• Hold a bachelor’s degree and an adequate professional qualification.
• Have minimum 5 years of service left at the parent organization as on the date of award.
• Not be in receipt of any other fellowship. (If in case, the applicant gets selected, he/she has to opt for only one fellowship in the event of different fellowship applications.
Amount of Fellowship
• Fellowship amount of INR 25,000 per month along with the regular income.
• Research grant of INR 15 Lac per annum to be utilized for engineering, research and innovation activities including consumables, manpower hiring, national/international travel for research purposes, etc.
• An overhead of INR 1 Lac per annum to the hosting Institute.
Note: As per the Government of India’s IT rule, the fellowship amount is taxable.
Number of Fellowships
10 fellowships are awarded in a year.
To apply for the Fellowship, the applicants need to adopt the following steps –
Step 1: Download the prescribed nomination format click here.
Step 2: The nominations should be sent by the Heads of Organisations/Institutions, Fellows/Presidents of National Science/Engineering Academies, SS Bhatnagar Awardees, and JC Bose Awardees.
A soft copy of the nomination is required to be forwarded to INAE through email, followed by one ink signed original hard copy to be sent to INAE Office, Gurgaon through Speed Post/Courier.
The last date to apply for the same is August 31.
For any queries,