About the Organisation
9th National Science Film Festival of India is organized by Vigyan Prasar (VP) which is an autonomous organization under the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India.
The principal objective of VP is to serve India’s science popularization agenda. This is achieved through several strategically important two – way stakeholder specific approaches to communicate about principles and practice of science and technology and implications for development and quality of life.
About the Competition
Vigyan Prasar, an Autonomous Organisation under the Department of Science of Technology, Government of India announces the 8th National Science Festival of India 2018. The festival & competition is open for films on science, technology, innovation, environment and health produced by government / non-government institutions, individual producers, production agencies, media centers, academic and research institutions, foreign filmmakers, universities and schools (students pursuing degree/diploma courses or studying in Class VI to XII).
The entries can be submitted by Students, Individuals or Institutions.
The themes are classified below based on the time limit:
Categories of Films
Documentary, animation, short fiction films on science, technology, innovations, energy, environment, medicine, biographies and emerging sciences are invited from filmmakers/ institutions/students under the following categories:
Category A: Films sponsored by government and non-government institutions/organizations. Duration: Up to 60 minutes
Category B: Films made by independent filmmakers/production houses. Duration Up to 60 minutes
Category C: Films made by college students. Duration: Up to 15 minutes
Category D: Films made by school students (class 6th to 12th). Duration: Up to 10 minutes
Category E: Films from other countries (only for screening). Duration: Up to 60 minutes
Category F: On the spot short film (film to be made on-spot). Duration: Up to 5 minutes.
The prize for the Best of Festival Category is Rs. 200,000.
Many other prizes are on the list, for the same visit the following link.
- Click here for the online application form.
- Send print out (hard copy) of completely filled on-line form with the following enclosures to Vigyan Prasar, Nodia (by post/courier/by hand):
- Pen drive/DVD containing :
- Copy of the film
- Synopsis of the film (in MS Word doc.file)
- 5 still photographs of the film (jpeg format )
- One photograph of the director (jpeg format)
- Hard Copy of the synopsis of the film in English
- Original copy of the certificate from the Principal/Director/HOD (Only for Category C & D)
- Pen drive/DVD containing :
- Please fill separate entry form for each film.
- Before filling the form please keep ready soft copies of
- Photograph of Director (less than 1 mb in jpeg format)
- 5 still photographs of the film (each less than 10 mb in jpeg format)
- Scanned copy of the certificate from your institution (only for C&D category)
There is no entry fee. All online entries should reach by Wednesday, 31st October 2018.
Hard copies (separate entry form for each film) along with pen-drive / DVD*
with all enclosures (as mentioned in point 2) should reach by 5 pm on or before
Monday, 5th November 2018.
For more details, contact us on:
Phone: +91 120 240 2009, 240 4430, 240 4435 (Extn: 223, 205)