About Schneider Electric
With a global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries. We believe that great people and partners make Schneider a great company and that our commitment to Innovation, Diversity and Sustainability ensures that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation in Energy Management and Automation. We are always on the lookout for bold ideas that can shape the future of our industries and our company.
The Go Green in the City challenge is now entering its 9th year running and our 2019 edition is going to be even bigger, better and bolder! We are looking for students like you from around the world who are willing to put their skills and ideas to the test.
- Be a Bachelor’s (at least 2nd year) or Master’s student.
- Studying Engineering, Business, Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics and other Sciences.
- Location: worldwide. (Team members must be studying in the same Region for the duration of the competition.)
- At least one team member must be a woman, in line with our Diversity & Inclusion philosophy.
- Be proficient in English (the Grand Finale pitch will be presented in English.)
Choose from 4 categories and share the idea.
- Sustainability & Access to Energy: Digitize our business and enable access to energy or sustainable developments.
- Buildings of the Future: Can buildings be smarter, more sustainable and incorporate new technologies?
- Plants of the Future: Apply IoT, AI, Machine Learning and more to the industries of the present or future.
- Grids of the future: Imagine the future of energy management and distribution!
Create your account, team up with a friend, or find a teammate through the competition platform! (Please note: both teammates must be studying in the same Region.) Choose a competition category to work on with your teammate and submit your case when you are ready. It’s as easy as that!
Deliverables: PowerPoint Presentation of 10 slides including problem statement, differentiation, operational availability, team profile, etc. to be submitted by 25th May 2019, 23:59.
Selection for Phase II
The jury, composed of Schneider Electric managers, will select regional semi-finalists. All Initial Applications are evaluated on the same basis.
All the participants will be informed about their selection status via the contact details provided when entering the Contest.
The most important selection criteria include:
- Innovativeness: does the proposal introduce a new, creative, innovative, unique and/or compelling solution to the case?
- Feasibility: is the proposed idea both technically and economically feasible for implementation? How does it fit in with Schneider Electric’s current mission?
- Presentation quality: how well is the proposal presented and laid out?
- Sustainable impact: how sustainable is this proposal?
Phase II: Top teams selected as semi-finalists
If your team is one of the regional top teams selected by Schneider Electric to proceed to Phase II, you will be asked to present an updated PowerPoint presentation of up to 20 slides based on your initial idea for. In addition, each team can also submit additional appendices.
The presented idea needs to be a clear evolution of the idea you submitted in Phase I. Selected teams will be assigned a mentor from the Schneider Electric team. The mentor will coach the team and help them to evolve their synopsis.
The deadline for the synopsis and video presentation submission follows regional timelines.