If you are a girl student and looking out for the best scholarships in India, then this list is the best one for you. From 12th to PG, many Govt and Private organisation provide scholarships for girls/ women in India for higher studies. Be it State Govt, Central Govt or NGOs, all have numerous options for Scholarships for meritorious students.
AICTE Pragati Scholarship for Girls
To provide encouragement and support to Girl Child to pursue technical education “Pragati Scholarship” has been launched by the MHRD from the year 2014-15 and implemented by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). Pragati is a scheme of AICTE aimed at providing assistance for Advancement of Girls participation in Technical Education.
This is an attempt to give every young Women the opportunity to further her education and prepare for a successful future by “ Empowering Women Through Technical Education”.
- Number of scholarships per annum: 4000
- Amount of scholarship: Tuition Fee of Rs. 30000/- or at actual, whichever is less and Rs. 2000/- per month for 10 months as incidentals each year.
- Eligibility: The candidates should have been admitted to 1st year of the Degree or Diploma programme in any of the AICTE approved institute during the current Academic Year through centralized admission process of the State/ Centre Government.
- Application Time: Sept-Oct
Fair & Lovely Scholarship
Fair and Lovely Career Foundation Scholarship is a CSR initiative of Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL) to promote and encourage education among girl students in India. The scholarship program empowers underprivileged female students in the age group of 15 to 30 years, by offering them financial assistance for their Higher Education. The scholarship program is aimed at reducing the drop-out rate among girl students at higher education level and help them create their own identity in society.
- Scholarship Amount: INR 25,000 to INR 50,000 (fixed, one-time award)
- Eligibility: Women between 15-30 years who wish to pursue undergraduate or post graduate courses. Candidates who have passed 12th standard securing a minimum of 60% in 10th and 12th Std board exams.
- Application time: Oct-Dec
Tata Housing Scholarships for Meritorious Girl Students
Tata Housing Scholarships for Meritorious Girl Students is for one who is pursuing the 2nd year of B.Tech/ B.E (Civil Engineering) or B.Arch degree course. The key objective of the scholarship is to encourage, recognize and support meritorious girl students belonging to economically weaker sections by providing them financial assistance.
- Amount: Tata Housing Scholarships for Meritorious Girl Students provides up to INR 60,000 to selected students.
- Eligibility: Applicant should have scored more than 50% in all the qualifying exams. Applicant must be in 2nd year of BE/B.Tech (Civil Engineering) or B.Arch degree. Family income of less than INR 300000 per anum from all sources.
Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship
The Scheme of “Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship” for Meritorious Girl Students belonging to the Minority Communities was earlier known as “Maulana Azad National Scholarship for Meritorious Girls belonging Minorities” and the same was launched by the then Prime Minister of India (late) Atal Bihari Vajpayee at National Conference of Educational & Economic Development of Minorities held on 03.05.2003 at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
- Amount of scholarship will be provided Rs.5000/each for Class IX & X and Rs.6000/-each for Class XI & XII.
- Eligibility: Girl students from Minority communities studying in Class 9 to 12
- Application time: Sept-Oct
DRDO Scholarship Scheme for Girls
DRDO has launched “DRDO Scholarship Scheme for Girls“ through Aeronautics Research and Development Board (AR&DB), DRDO HQ. AR&DB has been mandated to nurture quality aeronautics human power in the country since inception in 1971. This scholarship scheme would attract such women power from various institutes through a transparent process with an objective to tap the talent of bright students across the country.
- No. of Scholarships: 30
- Eligibility: Candidate should have got admission in the 1st year of current academic year to the relevant B.E./ B. Tech./B.Sc Engg. course. Candidate should have cleared JEE (Main).
- Amount of Scholarship: Rs.15500/- per month subject to Rs.186000/- per year for a maximum period of two years.
- Application Time: Aug-Nov
Dr. Reddy’s Foundation Sashakt Scholarship
Sashakt Scholarship is a one-of-its-kind initiative to encourage young women across India to prepare for and pursue a career in science. It provides a level playing ground to girl students, especially from rural India and low socio-economic backgrounds, to get access to quality education in some of India’s best science institutions by offering financial support and mentorship throughout their undergraduate studies.
- The scholarship award is Rs 2,40,000 (Rs 80,000/ year) for three years of study, which covers the college tuition fees, study expenses, and basic living costs.
- Eligibility: Bright, young girls with a record of academic excellence, confident of getting admission in India’s best science colleges, can apply as soon as they complete their Class XII examinations. Only students who opt to study pure/natural science courses for their graduation are eligible for this scholarship.
- Application Time: Mar-Aug
CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child
The objective of CBSE merit scholarship scheme is to provide scholarships to the meritorious Single Girl Students, who are the only child of their parents; and have passed the CBSE Class X Examination with 60% or more marks and are continuing their further school education of Class XI and XII. The scheme is aimed to recognize the efforts of the parents in promoting education among girls and to provide encouragement to meritorious students.
- Eligibility: All Single Girl Students, who have secured 60% or more marks in CBSE Class X Examination and are studying Class XI & XII in School (affiliated with CBSE) whose tuition fee is not more than Rs. 1,500/- p.m. during the academic year, shall be considered for the purpose.
- Awards: Rs 500 per month
- Application Timeline: September-October
Adobe India Women-in-Technology Scholarship
Adobe India Women-in-Technology Scholarship strives towards creating gender equality in science, technology and engineering domains by encouraging women to showcase their excellence in computing and technology and become future leaders and role models in the field.
- Eligibility: Must be enrolled as a full time student in a formal technology 4 year BE / B.Tech education program or an Integrated ME/ MS/ MTech program at an Indian University or Institute at the time of applying and should be completing the program in Academic year 2021-22. Should be pursuing a Major or Minor in the following streams: Computer Science/Engineering, Information Science, Data Science, Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Math and Computing.
- Awards: Fund toward tuition fees for the remainder of the award recipient’s university education ending in academic year 2021-22. Opportunity for Summer Internship at Adobe India.
- Time: Aug-Sept
Other than these mentioned Scholarships for Girls/ Female students in India, there are some more like- Post-Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child, Women Scientist Scheme-B (WOS-B), SOF Girl Child Scholarship Scheme, L’Oréal India For Young Women in Science Scholarship and Rolls-Royce Unnati Scholarships for Women Engineering Students.