On this Women’s Day, we bring 7 amazing educational opportunities open for women in 2021. 8th March is celebrated as International Women’s Day around the world. And on this day, Noticebard.com has come up with great opportunities open for women.
From Google to Ministries, American Express to British Council, many MNCs are offering training, awards, and other opportunities especially for women, in 2021. Check out the best educational opportunities on International Women’s Day 2021 below.
Google’s Women of Publishing Leadership Series [March 16-17]: March 7
The Women of Publishing Leadership Series is designed to foster community in the publishing industry, provide access to monetization resources, and enable the future growth of women-led small businesses.
- Eligibility: The program is open to women-led digital businesses. The program is best suited for small and medium businesses who are looking to start monetizing their site or app, grow their monetization business, or network with other women’s digital businesses.
- Event details: The event will run for 2 days with 2-3 events per day. During each session, you’ll hear from Google’s experts and have the opportunity to ask questions live. Livestreams will be in English, but recordings can be re-watched with translated captions.
- Application: Interested participants can apply for the program through this link.
American Express Makeathon 2021 for Women Students
American Express is back with Makeathon 2021, a diversity event for women technologists across engineering colleges! This team-based competition will club essential elements of a coding-based challenge (Round 1) and a Hackathon/ prototype building (Round 2), offering budding women engineers the opportunity to showcase their technical prowess on a national platform competing with some of the best minds in the country.
- Eligibility: Women students graduating in the year 2022 & 2023.
- Prizes: Full-time/Internship opportunities with American Express! Also win Apple watches!
- Registration: Interested participants can register for the contest through this link.
CfP: Women & Online Marketplaces in Developing Economies in Asia & the Pacific by ADB Institute: Mar 15
ADBI is seeking applied microeconomic research proposals on women and online marketplaces in developing economies in Asia and the Pacific. Proposals that focus on socioeconomically vulnerable women and related developments in specific countries are preferred.
- Proposal: Proposals must contain four sections, with a length of no more than five pages in aggregate:
- Motivation, including country context and why the proposed research is important for policymakers
- Research question(s)
- Research methods, including the empirical model, data, estimation strategy, and a note on ethics review if primary data collection is planned
- Names of the research team members, their institutional affiliations, and a short biography and publication list for each member; the lead researcher should provide her or his contact details.
- Submission: Authors should submit their proposals by 15 March 2021 to Junko Mitsuhashi jmitsuhashi[at]adbi.org. Notifications of accepted proposals are expected to be sent on 15 April 2021.
NIAS-DST Online Training Program for Women Scientists [Mar 15-19]
The National Institute of Advanced Studies (NIAS), Bangalore is organizing a DST Online Training Programme for Women Scientists under the scheme “National Programme for Training of Scientists and Technologists Working in Government Sector (Women Component)” on Social Responsibility of Scientists: Pathways and Outcomes from March 15 to 19, 2021.
- Registration: To download the nomination form, click here. To download the bio-data form, click here.
- The course is limited to 25 participants based on a review and selection process as per the guidelines given by DST. Both Nomination and Bio-data Forms duly signed should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Eligibility: This course is being organized for mid-level women scientists and technologists with experience in the range of 9 to 21 years.
British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM 2021 [Fully Funded]
The British Council has launched a scholarship programme in partnership with 19 UK universities aimed at benefiting women from the Americas, South Asia, and South-East Asia.
- Eligibility: We are looking for women who:
- are citizens and residents of the eligible countries in the Americas, South Asia, and East Asia
- are able to take up a full-time course of study in the UK for the academic year from Sept/Oct 2021 – 2022
- can demonstrate a need for financial support
- have an undergraduate degree that will enable them to gain access to one of the pre-selected postgraduate courses at a UK university.
- They are looking for women with a background in STEM, who can demonstrate their need for financial support and who wish to inspire future generations of women to pursue careers in STEM.
Govt. Sponsored Women Entrepreneurship Development Program by TERI, New Delhi
The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI), New Delhi is organizing an Online Women Entrepreneurship Development Program from January 18 to February 15, 2021.
The Women Entrepreneurship Development Programme (WEDP) sponsored by the Department of Science and Technology, Govt of India aims at training the S&T graduates and diploma holders in the essentials of conceiving, planning, initiating, and launching an economic activity or an enterprise successfully.
- Eligibility: Bachelor Degree/ Diploma in Science/ Engineering/ Technology. Age should be between 21-35 years. Women only.
- Registration: Interested Candidates may Register Online.
- Date: 15th March – 8th April 2021.
For more updates and great opportunities, keep visiting Noticebard.com on regular basis.
With this, we wish all the beautiful people out there- A Very Happy Women’s Day!