Are you looking for PhD Admission in India and confused between Colleges & Universities? Then here we are with the solution. Be it commerce, management, engineering or science students, Universities in India provides PhD education in each field.
From IITs to IISER, IIMs to IIST, each prominent institutes in the Country aims to provide best PhD education to the students. Mostly universities and colleges open their admission for Summer & Spring/ Monsoon semester. Check out the details of best Colleges/ Universities for PhD admissions in India.
With extensive infrastructural facilities and a sound research base, the Institute offers PhD programme in a wide range of areas in Engineering, Sciences and Humanities & Social Sciences. The broad objectives of the Ph.D. programme are to contribute to expanding the frontiers of knowledge and to provide research training.
The academic programme leading to the Ph.D. degree is broadbased and involves a course credit requirement and a research project leading to thesis submission. The Institute also encourages research in interdisciplinary areas through a system of joint supervision and interdepartmental group activities. The Institute undertakes sponsored research and development projects from industrial and other organizations in public as well as private sector.
- Eligibility: Master’s or equivalent degree in Engineering/Technology. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology. Master’s or equivalent degree in science. Master’s or equivalent degree in Arts/Commerce (or allied subjects)
- Dates: Availability of application forms September 1, 2020, Last date for submission of completed application forms for Spring Semester: October 15, 2020.
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission to full-time/ part-time PhD. Programme of the BIT Mesra for the Session Monsoon 2020.
- Eligibility: Candidates possessing M.Tech. / M.E. / M.Sc. (Engg.) / M.Arch. / M.Pharm./ M.Plan./ M.Sc./ MCA/ MBA or equivalent Degree in relevant branch from a recognized University/Institute with minimum 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a ten point scale in the qualifying examination are eligible to apply for admission in the relevant departments.
- Fellowship: A limited number of Institute Research Fellowship (IRF) with a fellowship amount of Rs. 25,000/- per month for the first two years and Rs. 28,000/- per month for the next two years is available depending on the performance.
- Date: Last date for Applying Online 26th October 2020
IISER Bhopal invites applications for admission to Ph.D. programme in Biological Sciences, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Earth and Environmental Sciences, Electrical Engineering & Computer Science, Humanities and Social Sciences (English), Mathematics and Physics for the semester commencing from January 2021.
- Eligibility: Biological Science: M.Sc./M.Tech. or equivalent degree in the relevant discipline with a minimum of 60% marks or CGPA/CPI of 7.0 on a 10 point scale (overall percentage/CGPA/CPI; not just in the majoring subject). Chemical Engg: M.E./M.Tech./M.S. Degree in Chemical Engineering or an allied area with a minimum of 60% marks or CGPA of 7.0 on a 10 point scale (overall percentage/CGPA/CPI; not only in majoring subject). Chemistry: M.Sc./M.Tech. Degree in the relevant discipline with a minimum of 60% marks or CGPA/CPI of 7.0 on a 10 point scale (overall percentage/CGPA/CPI; not only in majoring subject). Earth & Environmental Science: Master’s (M.Sc.)/M.Tech or B.Tech-M.Tech integrated Degrees in any of the disciplines of Earth Science/Geology/Geophysics/Atmospheric Science/ Oceanography/Geoinformatics/Remote Sensing/ Chemistry/Mathematics/Physics/Chemical, Environmental, Computer, Electronic and Communication, Wireless Communication and Networking, and Civil Engineering with a minimum of 60% marks or CGPA/CPI of 7.0 on a 10 point scale (overall percentage/CGPA/CPI; not only in majoring subject). Mathematics: M.Sc./M.Tech. Degree in the relevant discipline with a minimum of 60% marks or CGPA/CPI of 7.0 on a 10 point scale (overall percentage/CGPA/CPI; not only in majoring subject). Electrical Engg & Computer Sc: Students with M.Tech./ME./M.S. in EC/CS/EE/IT/IN with a minimum of 60% marks or CGPA of 7.0 on a 10 point scale (overall percentage/CGPA/CPI; not only in majoring subject). Such students must have qualified GATE in EC/CS/EE/IN/PHY/MTH, or JEST in TCS/PHY, or UGC/CSIR(NET-JRF)/INSPIRE in PHY/MTH/Electronics/Computer Science, or have NBHM scholarship. Humanities & Social Sc: M.Sc./M.A/M.Phil Degree in the relevant discipline with a minimum of 60% marks or CGPA/CPI of 7.0 on a 10-point scale (overall percentage/CGPA/CPI; not only in majoring subject). Physics: M.Sc./M.Tech. Degree in the relevant discipline with a minimum of 60% marks or CGPA/CPI of 7.0 on a 10 point scale (overall percentage/CGPA/CPI; not only in majoring subject).
IIT Gandhinagar is looking for bright and dedicated young scholars interested in research to join as Ph.D. scholars. Currently, IIT-G offer Ph.D. programmes in Biological Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Cognitive Science, Computer Science and Engineering, Earth Sciences, Electrical Engineering, History, Language & Literature, Materials Engineering, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Social Epidemiology and Sociology.
- Eligibility: At least 55% marks or 5.5 CPI marks in M.A./M.Sc./B.Tech./M.Tech. or equivalent degree in appropriate branches. Above mentioned eligibility criteria is minimum at Institute level. For discipline wise minimum eligibility criteria, please click here. The disciplines may use higher cut off levels for short listing besides giving due consideration to the way questions are answered in the application form. Candidates belonging to EWS/SC/ST/PD categories would be eligible for relaxations, as per norms, in the selection criteria.
- Date: Last date of submission is 2 Nov 2020
Applications are invited for Special Ph.D. Admission Programme Only Under CSIR/ UGC/ DST-Inspire JRF Scheme for Department of Physics at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Guwahati.
- Eligibility: The candidate must have to have a valid CSIR/ UGC/ DST-Inspire JRF qualification in Physical Sciences along with one of the below mentioned qualifications: Master’s degree in Physics or related areas of Applied-Physics with a minimum CPI of 6.5 or 60% of marks. (OR) B.Tech./ four-year -B.S. in Engineering/ Physics with a minimum of 7.5 CPI (OR) An M.Tech. after M.Sc./B.Tech./four-year-B.S. in Physics/related areas of Applied-Physics with no less than 60% marks or 6.0 CPI in M.Tech. as well as in previous degree.
- Fellowship: This will solely come from the CSIR/ UGC/ DST-Inspire and the fellowship will be available to eligible students as per prevailing (CSIR/ UGC/ DST-Inspire, GOI) norms, as applicable from time to time.
- Date: The last date for the receipt of application form along with all the supporting documents is October 26, 2020.
Even Delhi University offers some great PhD programmes in every field for the students. Although the admissions to the same are really very tough, but impossible itself become possible when you have it in you.