COVID-19 is one of the biggest crises the human race saw in recent years. It created a huge impact on every sphere of human life. But, this situation has created a new path of learning through online courses for students.
In this regard, Coursera announced that they are offering 59 online free courses in response to the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic. The courses are free through June 30, 2021. Here is the list as follows:
1. Course on Psychological First Aid by Johns Hopkins University
Learn to provide psychological first aid to people in an emergency by employing the RAPID model: Reflective listening, Assessment of needs, Prioritization, Intervention, and Disposition.
2. Course on First Step Korean by Yonsei University
This is an elementary-level Korean language course, consisting of 5 lessons with 4 units, and covers 4 skills: reading, writing, listening, and speaking.
3. Course on Introduction to Philosophy by The University of Edinburgh
This course will introduce you to some of the main areas of research in contemporary philosophy. Each module a different philosopher will talk you through some of the most important questions and issues in their area of expertise.
4. Course on Private Equity and Venture Capital by Università Bocconi
Over the course, students will be provided with a deep understanding of the mechanism underpinning the creation and/or development of a firm and the financial support it can get from the financial system through venture capital investment.
5. Course on A Life of Happiness and Fulfillment by Indian School of Business
This course, based on the award-winning class offered both at the Indian School of Business and at the McCombs School of Business at The University of Texas at Austin, developed by Prof. Raj Raghunathan (aka “Dr. Happy-smarts”) draws content from a variety of fields, including psychology, neuroscience, and behavioral decision theory to offer a tested and practical recipe for leading a life of happiness and fulfillment.
6. Course on Creative Thinking by Imperial College London
This course will equip you with a ‘tool-box’, introducing you to a selection of behaviours and techniques that will augment your innate creativity.
7. Course on Introduction to Personal Branding by University of Virginia
Through this course, Learners will: Understand both what personal branding means and what it means to inhabit their brand, Establish themselves on at least three social media platforms, Create a mission statement for their personal brand, Build a board of directors for their brand, Become familiar with the basics of digital security and reputation management, Create a system for on-going brand maintenance
8. Course on Science of Exercise by University of Colorado Boulder
Learners who complete Science of Exercise will have an improved physiological understanding of how your body responds to exercise, and will be able to identify behaviors, choices, and environments that impact your health and training.
9. Course on Getting Started with AWS Machine Learning by Amazon Web Services
This course will teach you how to get started with AWS Machine Learning. Key topics include: Machine Learning on AWS, Computer Vision on AWS, and Natural Language Processing (NLP) on AWS.
10. Course on Positive Psychology by The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
This course discusses research findings in the field of positive psychology, conducted by Barbara Fredrickson and her colleagues. It also features practical applications of this science that you can put to use immediately to help you live a full and meaningful life.
11. Course on Introductory Human Physiology by Duke University
In this course, students learn to recognize and to apply the basic concepts that govern integrated body function (as an intact organism) in the body’s nine organ systems.
12. Course on Ecology by Howard Hughes Medical Institute
This course is an introduction to ecology and ecosystem dynamics using a systems thinking lens. Through a case study on Mozambique’s Gorongosa National Park, learners will explore how scientists study ecosystems, and investigate the complex array of factors that inform management efforts.
13. Course on Teamwork Skills by University of Colorado Boulder
In this course you will learn to: make better decisions, be more creative and innovative, manage conflict and work with difficult group members, negotiate for preferred outcomes, improve group communication in virtual environments, develop a better overall understanding of human interaction, and work more effectively as a team.
14. Course on The Arts and Science of Relationships by University of Toronto
This course provides an introduction to: Basic concepts of The Strategies and Skills Learning and Development System (SSLD), their relevance for every day relationships and provide advanced concepts for participants who work in fields of social work and health care.
15. Course on Foundations of Mindfulness by Rice University
This course provides a broad overview of the fundamental concepts, principles, and practices of mindfulness. With interactive exercises to help students explore their own attitudes, mental habits and behaviors, Foundations of Mindfulness offers a pathway for living with more freedom, authenticity and ease.
16. Course on Write Your First Novel by Michigan State University
You will learn how to write and complete a full-length novel of 50,000 words. You will have a finished manuscript in hand at the end of the course.
17. Course on Version Control with Git by Atlassian
In this course, you will not learn everything there is to know about Git, but you will build a strong conceptual understanding of the technology, and afterward will be able to confidently dig deeper on any topic that interests you.
18. Course on Chinese for Beginners by Peking university
Nowadays, there is an increasing number of people who are interested in Chinese culture and language. And it is useful to know about the language when coming to China for travel or business. This is an ABC Chinese course for beginners, including introduction of phonetics and daily expressions.
19. Course on De-Mystifying Mindfulness by Universiteit Leiden
The course answered many questions to me, and I needed that to keep me motivated. It really helped me understand the origins and, more importantly, benefits of mindfulness practice and made me persist in my attempts.
20. Course on Mindshift by McMaster University
This course is designed to show you how to look at what you’re learning, and your place in what’s unfolding in the society around you, so you can be what you want to be, given the real world constraints that life puts on us all.
21. Course on Communication Strategies for a Virtual Age by University of Toronto
This course will act as an overview on several concepts each of which could be a course of their own and our goal is to give you tools that you can practice and perfect on your own.
22. Course on Essentials of Global Health by Yale University
The course will be global in coverage but with a focus on low- and middle-income countries, the health of the poor, and health disparities. Particular attention will be paid throughout the course to health systems issues, the linkages between health and development, and health matters related to global interdependence. The course will cover key concepts and frameworks but be practical in orientation.
23. Course on Networking and Security Architecture with VMware NSX by VMware
This 8 week online course equips learners with the basics of network virtualization with VMware NSX. To get the most of this course, you should have familiarity with generic IT concepts of routing, switching, firewalling, disaster recovery, business continuity, cloud and security.
24. Course on Healing with the Arts by University of Florida
Through art projects—including visual arts, dance, writing, and music—along with spiritual practices and guided imagery, Healing With the Arts gives you the tools to heal what you need to heal in your life: physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual.
25. Course on Personal & Family Financial Planning by University of Florida
Personal and Family Financial Planning will address many critical personal financial management topics in order to help you learn prudent habits both while in school and throughout your lifetime.
26. Course on Epidemiology by The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
This course explores public health issues like cardiovascular and infectious diseases – both locally and globally – through the lens of epidemiology.
27. Course on Dog Emotion and Cognition by Duke University
Dog Emotion and Cognition will introduce you to the exciting new study of dog psychology, what the latest discoveries tell us about how dogs think and feel about us, and how we can use this new knowledge to further strengthen our relationship with our best friends.
28. Course on COVID-19: What You Need to Know (CME Eligible) by Osmosis
This course is a go-to resource that will be regularly updated with all of the current information put forth by the CDC, WHO, and other leading agencies and covers the basics, personal protective equipment, diagnostics, and other material.
29. Course on Sharpened Visions by California Institute of the Arts
This course is built on the notion that the most exciting writing begins after the first draft. It is specifically for folks who believe that writing poems just to express oneself is like using the Internet just for email.
30. Course on Google Cloud Platform Fundamentals for AWS Professionals by Google Cloud
This accelerated 6-hour course with labs introduces AWS professionals to the core capabilities of Google Cloud Platform (GCP) in the four technology pillars: networking, compute, storage, and database. It is designed for AWS Solution Architects and SysOps Administrators familiar with AWS features and setup and want to gain experience configuring GCP products immediately.
31. Course on The Science of Success by University of Michigan
This engaging course is designed to help you achieve the success that you desire. Drawing on decades of scientific research, you will learn what the most successful people do differently than others, why IQ is not the most significant predictor of success (and can sometimes backfire), and why many commonly held beliefs hold people back from achieving their goals.
32. Course on The Language of Design: Form and Meaning by California Institute of the Arts
In this course, critique is defined as a detailed, objective analysis of a work of graphic design and its effectiveness. Critique is an integral part of the making process for designers: it’s not just how we determine if a work of design is or is not successful, it’s how we move our work forward. Critique is also where other voices and opinions can be brought into the design process.
33. Course on Migrating to Google Cloud by Google Cloud
This course introduces participants to the strategies to migrate from a source environment to Google Cloud. Participants are introduced to Google Cloud’s fundamental concepts and more in depth topics, like creating virtual machines, configuring networks and managing access and identities.
34. Course on How to Write a Resume (Project-Centered Course) by The State University of New York
In this project-centered course, you will craft an essential cornerstone of the modern-day job or internship search: the resume. You’ll review resume best practices and explore current trends with guidance from a professional career counselor and recruiter, and you’ll exchange structured feedback with your peers as you work to polish your own resume.
35. Course on Becoming a changemaker: Introduction to Social Innovation by University of Cape Town
This free 6 week course is for anyone who wants to make a difference. Whether you are already familiar with the field of social innovation or social entrepreneurship, working for an organization that wants to increase its social impact, or just starting out, this course will take you on a journey of exploring the complex problems that surround us and how to start thinking about solutions.
36. Course on Mindfulness and Well-being: Living with Balance and Ease by Rice University
This is the sequel course to Foundations of Mindfulness that will continue to provide a broad overview of the fundamental concepts, principles, and practices of mindfulness. With interactive exercises to help students explore their own attitudes, mental habits and behaviors, Foundations of Mindfulness series offers a pathway for living with more freedom, authenticity and ease.
37. Course on SARS-CoV-2 and acute respiratory viral infections by Saint Petersburg State University
The purpose of our course is to provide fundamental knowledge in one of the fields of microbiology and physiology, concerning the nature of viruses and their interaction with humans, with an emphasis on the new SARS-CoV2 virus.
38. Course on Population Health During A Pandemic: Contact Tracing and Beyond by University of Houston
This course was developed during the early phases of the COVID-19 pandemic, and thus, some of the data regarding disease prevalence, mortality, and vaccines have changed over time. The content, which addresses issues specific to population health and contact tracing during a pandemic, remains relevant.
39. Course on The Challenges of Global Health by Duke University
The Challenge of Global Health is designed to provide a comprehensive but concise foundation for understanding Global Health problems and solutions.
40. Course on Foundational Skills for Communicating About Health by University of Michigan
This course is valuable and appropriate for both beginning and experienced health professionals who need to communicate effectively with other professionals, patients, policymakers, or the broader public. Content is relevant to public health professionals, clinicians of all types (medical, nursing, dentists, social work, etc.), health advocates, and scientists and researchers in any health domain.
41. Course on Introduction to Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit for Computer Vision Applications by Intel
This course provides easy access to the fundamental concepts of the Intel Distribution of OpenVINO toolkit. Throughout this course, you will be introduced to demos, showcasing the capabilities of this toolkit.
42. Course on Introduction to Cloud Identity by Google Cloud
This 15-30 hour accelerated, one-week course will leave you feeling confident to utilize the basic functions of the Admin Console to manage users, control access to services, configure common security settings, and much more.
43. Course on Global Health: An Interdisciplinary Overview by University of Geneva
This course proposes an overview of current global health challenges drawing on the insights of several academic disciplines including medicine, public health, law, economics, social sciences and humanities. This interdisciplinary approach will guide the student into seven critical topics in global health.
44. Course on Introduction to AWS Identity and Access Management by Amazon Web Services
The goal of this course is to provide you with foundational knowledge and skills that will enable you to grow in your use of both AWS IAM and the rest of the AWS ecosystem. Throughout the course, the focus will be on the base-level knowledge needed for understanding the functionality of IAM, and simple ways to implement its usage.
45. Course on Big History: Connecting Knowledge by Macquarie University
Discover the connections in our world, the power of collective learning, how our universe and our world has evolved from incredible simplicity to ever-increasing complexity. Experience our modern scientific origin story through Big History and discover the important links between past, current, and future events.
46. Course on Communicating During Global Emergencies by Emory University
In collaboration with the Rollins School of Public Health and the CDC’s Division of Global Health Protection, Emergency Response, and Recovery Branch, this course introduces basic concepts and principles of communicating during a global crisis or emergency.
47. Course on Infection Prevention in Nursing Homes by The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Learn about the role of environment in disease transmission and how to implement standard and transmission-based precautions to prevent the spread of antibiotic resistant bacteria and other infections in your facility.
48. Course on COVID-19 Contact Tracing For Nursing Professionals by University of Houston
Covid-19 Contact Tracing For Nursing Professionals was created for anyone who wants a certificate in Contact Tracing and especially for RN’s who would like to obtain 10 CEU credits from The Texas Nurses Association.
49. Course on Aruba Networking Basics by Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company
In Aruba Networking Basics, you will learn what a basic computer network is, compare local and wide area networks, use cases, and implementation types. Communication over these networks relies on protocols.
50. Course on Disease Clusters by Johns Hopkins University
This course will help you understand what a disease cluster is and how it is studied. The goal is to empower community (or citizen) scientists, and to help build better relationships between communities and health officials.
51. Course on High Stakes Leadership: Leading in Times of Crisis by University of Michigan
This course has been designed to help leaders, like you, learn how to effectively navigate the challenges of significant organizational disruptions. As a participant in this course, you’ll discover why an understanding of various stakeholder perspectives can inform and dramatically improve a leader’s response to events that threaten an organization’s very survival.
52. Course on Google Cloud Fundamentals for Azure Professionals: Core Infrastructure by Google Cloud
This course introduces you to important concepts and terminology for working with Google Cloud Platform (GCP). You learn about, and compare, many of the computing and storage services available in Google Cloud Platform, including Google App Engine, Google Compute Engine, Google Kubernetes Engine, Google Cloud Storage, Google Cloud SQL, and BigQuery.
53. Course on Health in Complex Humanitarian Emergencies by Emory University
This course covers the technical and management principles that are the basis of planning, implementing, and evaluating health programs for acutely displaced populations in developing countries. The emphasis is on refugees in camp situations. The course includes modules on assessment, nutrition, epidemiology of major health problems, surveillance, and program management in the context of an international relief operation.
54. Course on Disease Screening in Public Health Epidemics by University of Geneva
Public Health has an important mandate to critically assess the promises and the pitfalls of disease screening strategies. This MOOC will help you understand important concepts for screening programs that will be explored through a series of examples that are the most relevant to public health today.
55. Course on Exploring Emerging Technologies for Lifelong Learning and Success by The State University of New York
This course is targeted to the needs of ALL learners, including college students, faculty, current and career-seeking professionals, and anyone from across the globe with a desire to learn how to use emerging technologies to succeed in today’s rapidly changing world.
56. Course on Sit Less, Get Active by The University of Edinburgh
This course offers you a unique opportunity to receive weekly physical activity health messages and monthly video-reminders on how to increase physical activity in various settings for 6 months after the initial 3 week course.
57. Course on How to Get Skilled: Introduction to Individual Skills Management (Project-Centered Course) by The State University of New York
The course will provide you with tangible outcomes for immediate use. We’ll show you how to use a simple, powerful computer program to organize and manage your skills inventory.
58. Course on Build Your First Android App (Project-Centered Course) by CentraleSupélec
In this project-centered course, you’ll design, build, and distribute your own unique application for the Android mobile platform. We’ll provide you with a set of customizable building blocks that you can assemble to create many different types of apps, and that will help you become familiar with many important specificities of Android development.
59. Course on Code Yourself! An Introduction to Programming by The University of Edinburgh
This course will teach you how to program in Scratch, an easy to use visual programming language. More importantly, it will introduce you to the fundamental principles of computing and it will help you think like a software engineer.