Applications are open for UGC Scholarships 2021 for PG Students. Every year, the University Grants Commission invites applications from PG Students for Scholarships. From single girl child to north-eastern students, professional courses to rank holders, UGC has scholarship schemes for all.
If you are also in search of UGC Scholarships 2021 for PG Students, then check out the details below.
UGC Scholarships 2021 for PG Students
1. UGC Indira Gandhi Post Graduate Scholarship 2021 for Single Girl Child
Applications are invited for Indira Gandhi Post Graduate Scholarship 2021 for Single Girl Child. The last date of application is 30 November 2021.
It is observed that the number of girls as against boys in certain states is declining which is a matter of great concern. The females are even forced to give birth to a male child. In such circumstances education of women needs to be used and effective means for their empowerment and education will prepare them to have a control over their lives. The mindset which militates against the girl child could not keep pace with economic progress and literacy.
- Slots: 3000.
- Age limit: Girl students up to the age of 30 years at the time of admission in first year of PG courses are eligible.
- Eligibility: The scheme is applicable to such single girl child who has taken admission in regular, fulltime first year Masters Degree course in any designated university or a post graduate college.
- Course: Admission to PG Course in distance education mode is not covered under the scheme.
- Application: The candidates fulfilling the eligibility conditions are required to apply online on National Scholarship Portal after initiation of application process and notice to be published on UGC website.
- Amount of fellowship: Rs. 36,200/- p.a. for a period of two years only i.e. full duration of a PG course. No other additional grant will be payable in lieu of hostel charges and medical charges etc.
2. UGC PG Scholarship 2021 for Professional Courses for SC/ ST
Applications are invited for UGC PG Scholarship 2021 for Professional Courses for SC/ ST. The last date of application submission is 30 November 2021.
The scheme has been initiated keeping in view the social background of the candidates from the deprived section of the society and to provide them the opportunity to undertake postgraduate level studies in Professional subjects like Engineering & Technology, Management, Pharmacy etc. in Indian Universities/Institutions/ Colleges.
The objective of the scheme is to provide financial assistance to 1000 SC/ST candidates to pursue postgraduate level studies in professional subjects in the eligible institutions as given below.
- Eligibility: For the purpose of award of the scholarship students who are pursuing professional courses in the following Institutions/ Colleges/ Universities:
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges included under section 2(f) & and 12(B) of the UGC Act.
- Deemed to be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and eligible to receive grants-in-aid from UGC,
- Universities/Institutions/College funded by Central/StateGovernment.
- Institutes of National Importance.
- Tenure: The tenure of award is for two/three years depending upon tenure of the postgraduate course and not for extended period of study, if any.
- Amount: Candidates selected for the award of PG scholarships (under ME/MTech.) shall be provided a scholarship @ Rs. 7,800/-per month for the duration of the PG scholarship. For other courses, the amount of scholarship will be paid @ Rs. 4,500/- per month.
- Application: The candidates fulfilling the eligibility conditions are required to apply online on National Scholarship Portal after issue of advertisement to be published by the UGC once in a year through leading newspaper and employment news and also on the UGC website.
3. UGC ISHAN UDAY Special Scholarship 2021 for North Eastern Students
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the UGC ISHAN UDAY Special Scholarship for North-Eastern Students.
The Ministry of HRD and the University Grants Commission has taken special interest with regard to the promotion of higher education in the NER. For improving the GER, promoting higher education and encouraging children belonging to the economically weaker sections of the NE region, the UGC has decided to launch “IshanUday” Special Scholarship Scheme for North Eastern Region beginning from the academic session 2014-15.
- Students with domicile of NER, whose parental annual income does not exceed Rs.4.5 lakh per annum from all sources.
- Passed XII or equivalent in the preceding year of study i.e. 2017 for applications called for during year 2017-18.
- For availing scholarship under this scheme, the income of the parents of the student should not exceed Rs.4.5 lakh per annum.
- Slots: UGC will award 10,000 (ten thousand) fresh scholarships per year.
- Amount: Rs. 5,400/- per month for general degree course and Rs. 7,800/- per month for technical/medical/professional/paramedical courses.
- Application: Interested applicants can apply for the scholarship through this link.
4. UGC PG Scholarship 2021 for University Rank Holders
Applications are invited for UGC PG Scholarship 2021 for University Rank Holders. The last date of application is 30 November 2021.
Higher education has played a very vital role in the history of nation-building all over the world. It is amply clear that no rise in general standards of living and culture is possible without strengthening the higher education system in the country. It obviously calls for a multipronged strategy.
There is a need to modernize our higher education system, and equally important to continuously attract young and talented students to pursue higher education. It is being increasingly observed that the brighter lot is not pursuing Post-Graduate education in our institutions of higher learning.
- The scholarship is available to the student for first PG Degree only. Age limit for the students is 30 years at the time of admission in PG course.
- Distance mode of education will not be considered under the scheme.
- The Undergraduate courses from following streams have been identified for the award of scholarships: 1.Life Sciences; 2. Physical Sciences; 3. Chemical Sciences; 4. Earth Sciences; 5. Mathematical Sciences; 6. Social Sciences; 7. Commerce; 8. Languages.
- Slots: 3000.
- Tenure of scholarship: Two years.
- Application: Applications will be invited once in a year on the National Scholarship Portal of the Government of India. Short notification will also be uploaded on the UGC website.
- Amount of fellowship: Rs.3,100/- p.m for a period of two years only i.e. full duration of a PG course.
For more updates on UGC Scholarships 2021 for PG Students, keep visiting NoticeBard.com.