NoticeBard brings to you 15 Key Opportunities with Deadline Upto Last Week of August 2021. From PhD admissions to fellowships, scholarships to competitions, we have collated all the opportunities at one place. The deadlines for these opportunities are approaching fast. They all close applications in the upcoming week. So apply fast.
1. Maharishi Kanad Post-Doctoral Fellowships 2021 [Remuneration Rs. 1 L/Month + Research Grant]: Apply by Aug 23
The Institution of Eminence (IoE), University of Delhi invites applications from eligible Indian and overseas nationals with excellent publication record for Maharishi Kanad Post- Doctoral Fellowships in the areas of Public Health, Climate Change & Sustainability, Public Policy & Governance, Transnational Affairs and Skill Enhancement & Entrepreneurship Development.
- Eligibility: The applicant should have completed Ph.D. from any Indian/Foreign University in the relevant specializations as mentioned below:
- The applicant should possess a good academic record and an excellent research profile as evident from quality publications in reputed journals of the relevant specialization.
- The applicant should not have exceeded six years from the date of award of Ph.D. at the time of applying for the fellowship.
- Amount: The Fellowship carries a consolidated remuneration of Rs. 1.00 lakh per month. The IoE will also provide the Fellows an annual research grant of up to Rs. 2.00 lakhs (Sciences) and up to Rs. 1.00 lakh (Humanities, Social Sciences, Law, Management, etc.).
- Duration: The duration of the fellowship will be initially for a period of two years, which may further be extended by one or two years, subject to availability of funds and satisfactory performance of the Fellow, evaluated by an Expert Review Committee.
- Application: Interested applicants can apply for the fellowship through this link.
2. AICTE Internship Opportunity (Web Development) [2 Vacancies; Stipend Rs. 5k/Month]: Apply by Aug 25
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Internship Opportunity (Web Development) at AICTE, Vijayawada.
- Looking for Interns who have command knowledge on PhP, with MySql and Bootstrap work from Home available. Must have good portfolio. Apply with your Project Previous Project is must.
- Interns who have relevant skills and interests.
- Engineering students of 2nd or 3rd year who are willing to learn and explore information security stream.
- Period of Contract: 3 months.
- Stipend: ₹5000 /month.
- Application: Interested applicants can apply for the internship through this link.
3. Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana KVPY 2021 Fellowship for Science [Exam on Nov 7]: Apply by Aug 25
The Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) is an on-going National Program of Fellowship in Basic Sciences, initiated and funded by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, to attract exceptionally highly motivated students for pursuing basic science courses and research career in science.
- Stream SA: Due to prevailing COVID-19 situation, as one-time measure, students who have passed X Standard Board Examination and eligible to enroll in XI standard (Science subjects) during the academic year 2021-22, are eligible to appear for Aptitude test. The student should produce a study certificate of class XI class once they are selected as a provisional KVPY fellow.
- Stream SX: Students enrolled in XII Standard (Science subjects) during the academic year 2021–22 and aspiring to join undergraduate program in Basic Sciences (B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S) during the academic year 2022-23.
- Stream SB: Due to prevailing COVID-19 situation, as one-time measure, students who have passed XII Standard Board Examination and eligible to enroll in the 1st year B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S. during the academic year 2021–22 are eligible to appear for the aptitude test.
- Application: Interested candidates can register here.
- Stipend: The Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, offers attractive fellowships (Rs. 5,000/- to Rs.7,000/- p.m.) and contingency grants (equivalent to four months fellowship per annum) to students studying in 1st-year program in basic science course such as B.Sc./B.S./B. Stat./B. Math./Int. M.Sc./ Int. M.S. Selection to the program considers the academic excellence to take up research career in Basic Sciences.
4. Call for Applications: Senior Fellowships 2021-22 at ICSSR New Delhi: Apply by Aug 26
Senior Fellowships are awarded to outstanding Indian Social Scientists for conducting full time research on themes and issues of national and social concern. These studies are expected to contribute to theoretical and conceptual advancement in different disciplines, help in generating field work based empirical data and contribute towards policy making.
- The scholar should not be less than 45 and more than 70 years of age as on the last date of application.
- The scholar must possess Ph.D. degree in any of the social science disciplines with outstanding research publications at the time of application.
- Senior government and defence officers (not less than 25 years of regular service) and persons with proven Social Science expertise possessing a Ph.D. degree in any social science discipline and demonstrable research experience through publications of books/research papers/reports, can also apply.
- A fellow must affiliate himself/herself to an ICSSR Research Institute/ Institutes of national importance, approved by MoE/government research institute/public funded university including deemed university of his/her choice. Funds are disbursed through the affiliating/administering institution.
- Application: Interested candidates can apply online via this page.
- Duration: The duration of the fellowship is strictly for two years.
- Amount: The value of the fellowship for unemployed and superannuated scholars is Rs. 45,000 per month. and contingency grant is Rs. 40,000/- per annum irrespective of the pensionary benefit.
5. JSW Udaan Renewal Scholarships 2021-22 for Engineering, Medicine, UG, PG & Professional Courses: Apply by Aug 29
JSW UDAAN is a flagship scholarship programme of JSW Foundation.This scholarship program is designed for helping students residing near the various JSW plant locations who cannot afford quality education due to the high fees structure. UDAAN scholarships would encourages them to counter their financial constraints and pursue academic excellence and career opportunities.
- Professional Degree Courses: Qualification criteria: Minimum 50% in Class 12
- Diploma/Certificate Courses: Qualification criteria : Minimum 50% in Class 10
- IT Diploma: Qualification criteria: Minimum 35% in Class 10
- PG Degree Courses: Qualification criteria: Minimum 50% in Class 12, Minimum 50% in Graduation
- BE/BTech Course: Qualification criteria: Minimum 50% in Class 12, Minimum 50% in Diploma,
- UG Course: Qualification criteria : Minimum 50% in Class 12,
- Medical Course: Qualification criteria: Minimum 50% in Class 12,
- Application: Interested and eligible candidates can apply online via this page.
6. UNESCO Youth Eyes on the Silk Roads International Photo Contest 2021 [Win Exciting Prizes]: Submit by Aug 31
The annual Youth Eyes on the Silk Roads International Photo Contest offers an exciting opportunity for young people from all over the world to capture their understanding of the shared heritage of the Silk Roads through the lens of their camera. As the visual arts, and in particular photography, are so often used by today’s youth as a powerful tool for communication and self-expression, images have the potential to play a significant role in raising awareness of the key issues facing our contemporary globalizing world.
- Eligibility: The contest is divided into two age categories: 14-17-year-olds, and 18-25-year-olds.
- Theme: For the 3rd edition of the contest this year participants are invited to submit their photographs that best encapsulate the shared heritage of the Silk Roads through the two parallel themes of ‘Textiles and Clothing’, and ‘Intercultural Exchanges in the Time of Covid-19, including in the field of Textiles and Clothing’.
- Submission: Interested candidates can register and submit entries via this page.
- 1st Award: A professional digital single-lens reflex camera equipped with 18-55mm lens
- 2nd Award: Semi-professional digital camera
- 3rd Award: Digital camera
7. Institute Postdoctoral Fellowship (IPDF) at IIT Madras: Apply by Aug 31
The scheme, “Institute Post-Doctoral Fellowship (PDF) at IIT Madras” has been approved by the Senate in its 242nd Meeting held on 17.7.2009. Ph.D degree holders are eligible to apply within five years after completion of Ph.D. Maximum Age is 35 years (relaxable by 5 years for women and reserved category).
- Eligibility: The candidate should have a Ph.D in Computer Science / Condensed Matter Physics / Chemistry / Materials Science / Chemical Engineering.
- Duration: Initially for one year, extendable up to three years
- Application: Candidates should apply online only through this link.
- Salary: Rs. 45,000/-to 55,000 P M. + HRA (Consolidated Pay)
8. L’Oréal-UNESCO Young Talents for Women in Science Program 2021 [Awards Worth Rs. 8.7 L]: Apply by Aug 31
The L’Oréal-UNESCO Young Talents for Women in Science program is committed to supporting the involvement of young women in scientific research. This program identifies and rewards brilliant young women researchers in life and environmental sciences, material sciences, mathematics, computer and information sciences, engineering sciences and technology.
- Be enrolled in at least the second year of a doctorate (female doctoral candidates),
- Be in post-doctoral studies and have defended their thesis before the call for applications (post-doctoral candidates),
- To carry out her research work in the following countries MAroc Algeria Tunisia or Libya, in the fields of life and environmental sciences, matter, engineering, mathematics, computer and information sciences,
- Do not have a permanent position before receiving the Award.
- Amount: The awarded post-doctoral fellows will each receive an endowment of €10,000. They must work in a laboratory or a research institute in the same countries
- Application: Interested applicants can apply for the program through this link.
9. Online Quiz on Awareness on Crime Against Women 2021 by Govt of India [July 15-Aug 31]: Register by Aug 31
Registrations are invited for Online Quiz on Awareness on Crime Against Women 2021 by Govt of India from 15 July to 31 August. The last date of registration is 31 August.
- Registration: Interested candidates can register and play the quiz via this page.
- Dates: Entry to quiz will be open from 15th July 2021 till 31st August 2021.
- Certification: Certificate of Participation will be issued to all participants and Top 25 winners will be provided Digital certificates signed by Head of National Commission for Women.
10. Online Painting Competition by Indian Army [July 1- Aug 31; Cash Prizes Worth Rs. 1.5 L]: Submit by Aug 31
Entries are invited for the online Painting Competition organized by Indian Army from 01 July to 31 Aug 2021.
The Indian Army is the land-based branch and the largest component of the Indian Armed Forces. The President of India is the Supreme Commander of the Indian Army, and its professional head is the Chief of Army Staff, who is a four-star general.
- Theme: “Swarnim Vijay Varsh” (50 years of 1971 war)
- Prizes: First Prize: Rs. 1,00,000/- & Runner-up: Rs. 50,000/-
- Submission: The painting should be digitized by a high definition photograph and sent to email id: swarnimvijayvarsh.adgpi[at]gmail.com with the below details: Name, Address & Phone number
11. CBSE-WWF-India Wild Wisdom Global Challenge 2021 for Class 6–9 Students: Register by Aug 31
The Wild Wisdom Global Challenge 2021 is an attempt to provide a unique opportunity for students to delve deeper into amazing wildlife, gain knowledge and take pride in its natural diversity. This initiative aims to instill a sense of concern for the natural world and inspire our students to demonstrate their concern for conservation. It is being conducted in an online mode this year.
- Eligibility: Open for students of Classes 6–9
- Application: Schools can register for the quiz by signing up.
- Dates: Registrations will be open from 5th April 2021 to 31st August 2021. Participation in this Challenge is voluntary. No record/document is required to be sent to the CBSE.
12. ICAI – Doctoral Scholarship Scheme 2021 [Scholarship Amount Rs. 50k/Month, 5 Scholars]: Apply by Aug 31
The doctoral scholarship will be awarded to a registered PhD. Scholars from UGC recognized reputed Indian Universities/ Deemed Universities/ Colleges, IIMs having University/IIMs approved PhD. Programme to pursue and complete their Doctoral Research in Auditing, Taxation, Commerce, Management and Accounting. The candidates must have confirmed PhD. Registration.
- Membership of ICAI
- At least 75% in 10th and 12th Standard
- Age should be less than 40 years on the date of application
- Candidate shall be Full-Time Student at the University/College/ Institution while pursuing a Ph.D. for their attendance and Classes.
- Amount: Rs. 50,000 per month Scholarship to be awarded to 5 scholars annually for the maximum period of 36 months.
13. Dr. Reddy’s Foundation Sashakt Scholarship 2021-22 [Awards upto Rs. 2.4 L]: Apply by Aug 31
Sashakt Scholarship is a one-of-its-kind initiative to encourage young women across India to prepare for and pursue a career in science.
- Bright, young girls with a record of academic excellence, confident of getting admission in India’s best science colleges, can apply as soon as they complete their Class XII examinations.
- Only students who opt to study pure/natural science courses for their graduation are eligible for this scholarship.
- Preference will be given to students with rural backgrounds, economically weak backgrounds and interest in scientific research.
- Application: Interested applicants can apply for the scholarship through this link.
- Amount: The scholarship award is Rs 2,40,000 (Rs 80,000/year) for three years of study, which covers the college tuition fees, study expenses and basic living costs.
14. Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar 2022 by Ministry of Women & Child Development: Apply by Aug 31
The Government of India had been conferring the award to children for their exceptional achievement. The awards were given to children for their merit in innovation, scholastic, sports, arts, culture, social service, music or any other field which deserves recognition. The awards for child welfare were also conferred to Individuals and Institutions.
- Bal Shakti Puraskar
- Eligibility: A Child who is an Indian Citizen and residing in India above the age of 5 years and not exceeding 18 years (as on 31st August of the respective year).
- Awards: Each awardee will be given a medal, a cash prize of Rs. 1,00,000/-, book vouchers worth Rs. 10,000/-, a certificate and citation.
- Bal Kalyan Puraskar – Individual:
- Eligibility: An individual who is an Indian Citizen and residing in India of the age group 18 or more (as on 31st August of respective year).
- Awards: The award consists of a medal, cash prize of Rs. 1, 00,000/- (one lakh), a citation and a certificate to each awardee.
- Bal Kalyan Puraskar – Institution:
- Eligibility: The institution should not be entirely funded by the government
- Award: The award for institution consists of a medal, cash prize of Rs. 5,00,000/- each and a citation, and a certificate.
- Application: Interested applicants can apply for the awards through this link.
15. TWAS-CUI Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2021-22 for Researcher [Fully Funded]: Apply by Aug 31
The TWAS-CUI Fellowship Programme for Postdoctoral Research offers fellowships to young scientists from developing countries (other than Pakistan) who wish to pursue postdoctoral research in natural or social sciences. Duration: from a minimum of six months to a maximum of 12 months.
- be nationals of a developing country (other than Pakistan);
- must not be on site in Pakistan;
- must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Pakistan or any developed country;
- hold a PhD degree in a field of natural sciences;
- IF applying in a field of eligible social sciences, hold a PhD degree in a field of social sciences;
- apply for the fellowship within five years of having obtained a PhD degree;
- be regularly employed in a developing country (other than Pakistan) and hold a research assignment there.
- Application: Interested applicants can apply for the fellowship through this link.
For more updates, keep visiting NoticeBard.com.